Anyone else having a white Christmas this year?

At the risk of a lock, I’d encourage one to do a search on the issue. I think you will find the abbreviation is centuries old.

Back on topic: very brown here, above freezing. In CT now, which is wuite warm.

Christ IS the reason for the season. Sorry, but I won't water Him down. If someone is offended if I say Merry Christmas to them, then that's on them, not me. I never mean any offense, but I find it offensive when some want to take HIM out of it.
What's this randomness have to do with snow?

I wasn't trying to alienate anyone with my post. For all the Christians, Merry Christmas, For the Hebrews, Happy Hanukah, Happy Kwanza tomorrow for those that celebrate it , for other belief system's, Happy whatever, peace be with you. For us non-believer's Happy Holidays. Hope it is a joyous time of year for all.

At the risk of a lock, I’d encourage one to do a search on the issue. I think you will find the abbreviation is centuries old.

Back on topic: very brown here, above freezing. In CT now, which is wuite warm.
I didn’t mean to turn Christmas into a divisive issue🤦😂.

To expand on your point, to anyone who is interested, the word Holiday is the evolution of the combination of “Holy Day”. Apparently it has been documented in Old English texts as far back as 950AD.

My mistake @DougR, I learned something today. When someone is using the word holidays, they are using a word that originally referred to Catholic Holidays and their later derivatives which were celebrated in England, since that was the prevailing religion at the time, but now encompasses all holidays.

FB_IMG_1703531464457.jpg

It was 10 degrees last year. 63 degrees this year. Deep frying the turkeys was much more pleasant this year. So no white Christmas this year.

White Halloweens and Aprils around here lately. December has become the old October and Aprils have become the old Decembers. It is what it is.

Last year: 19 degrees and this year: 70. The AC was needed due to the cooking and 8 adults and 6 children in the house. Lots of hot air.

Back