Anyone else hate people who don't...

Status
Not open for further replies.
..use their cruise control?
mad.gif

[ June 29, 2006, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Bio-T ]

ugh, SO ANNOYING!

Its one thing if youre cruising along at 45 on a side road... but when youre onthehighway and they speed up and slow down all the time, its terrible, and affects my fuel economy!

The worst is when theyre in a lane beside you and slow down and speed up so the net effect is that theyre along side of you a lot.

JMH

I use mine almost everywhere.
Last night for example, Im riding home at 1am (i work late) and Ive got the cruise set for 52mph.
Car comes up behind me running about 58 or so and then slows down to pace me. 4 lane road, 2 lanes each way and noone but me and him on the road.
So we start down a fairly big hill, i tap my brakes to disengage cruise so I can manually maintain 50ish and this jack head drops back to 40ish. I can barely even see him. Then, in a couple minutes, here it comes again, slowly but surely..rides me for a couple more minutes and then passes me. Gets in front of me and takes the first right hand turn available!!!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

These people out there better be glad I do not have a very large truck and a terminal illness!

grm - i'm currently rigging up a windshield wiper motor and a tank with oil in it to rig through the back bumper for folks like that, i dare them to use the wipers....

grm - Passing someone and then turning or stopping right away is too frequent. This is worse than fluctuations from cruise control use/non use.
Greedy, selfish, inconsiderate, and wasteful.
They probably bi--- about high gas prices when they stop!

It does not bother me, however not using turn signal does as I cannot read people's minds and don't care to.

quote:

Originally posted by grm386wa:
Gets in front of me and takes the first right hand turn available!!!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

These people out there better be glad I do not have a very large truck and a terminal illness!

Been there a time or two.

I don't have cruise control and I don't speed up then slow down when I'm driving on the highway. My ex-father-in-law used to drive like that. It drove me crazy to ride with him. We were on the autobahn and he drove like that. Boy did he **** off a lot of Germans, the funny thing was he's German but came to the US when he was in his early 20's. After the war there wasn't much civilian driving going on so he learned to drive like an "American"
rolleyes.gif
. But I have to say my father always drove "pedal to the medal" on the highway. Trust me, in a 1958 Old's it was more of a thrill than you wanted
shocked.gif
!

Whimsey

In light traffic, they are a nuisance. I do hate it when they fly around me and then slow down to match the speed of a truck in front of me. As traffic builds up the other side of the coin are people that pull out to pass somebody barely going slower than they are, and let traffic back up for miles behind them while they hold the same cruise setting. In general, people that block the left lane are obnoxious idiots.

I often will pull over to the right lane and slow down a little to let a string of faster cars around me. Or I may speed up a little to get around a string of slower cars sooner and back in the right lane. I see no reason others can't show a little consideration too.

quote:

I see no reason others can't show a little consideration too.

Who says they need a reason? They simply lack motivation to move. They haven't been trained properly.
wink.gif

People who use cruise control on winding roads, like our coastal highway, are more annoying than people without cruise cruise control on multilane highways and freeways.

Another observation: drivers on cell phones often slow down to almost a halt if they don't use cruise control. Why can't they go all the way and pull over?

quote:

Originally posted by Sepultura:
grm - i'm currently rigging up a windshield wiper motor and a tank with oil in it to rig through the back bumper for folks like that, i dare them to use the wipers....

Just like in Goldfinger and The Spy Who Loved Me.
grin.gif
itschy.gif

Mobile phones already come with a License to Kill. That license should cover the oil squirters, nail spreaders, smoke screen etc.
wink.gif

Cruise control or not is not an issue on multilane roads where people keep to the right. (sure right like that ever happens.)

What bugs me is I like to speed up "a little" at the base of a hill to build inertia to crest the next hill at about the speed limit.

So I speed by about 10mph then settle back down.

Someone behind me might find that inconsistent.

They might want zero... or twenty.

I get pretty good gas mileage, make good time, don't downshift much, and get few tickets. Figure it's the sweet spot.

I find that I seem to be the only person up here that uses their CRUISE! You get better gas milage(once again I seem to be the only one who gives a care about that too!) and just think how much your engine likes being at the same speed with nice even temps & pressure on the oil flow!

Cruise control is poorly understood -- the times it shouldn't be used, and the times it should are different than even what I reading above -- it seems to give folks the excuse to pay even less attention to the road.

We'll see electronically-controlled roads before awful long; I imagine it will first be on TollTag/EZ-Go toll roads first. Folks will line up to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back