Anybody use this stuff from RGS labs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's called FW1, and it's a waterless wash and wax product, supposed to be good for your entire car, including windows and wheels.

http://rgslabs.com/

Someone was selling this stuff at the gas station I stopped at on my way home today, and it did work well on my wheels where he demo'd it.

I've been using a similar product from Griot's Garage, but if this works on everything, it might be worth switching.

Wow that stuff looks incredible. I've been looking for something like that. I've clar bared, polished, buffed and waxed and still not satisfied.

The clearcoat from the factory came in an orange peel condition. I've tried to smooth it out for a better looking shine. No dice.
ripples.jpg

Originally Posted By: kaboom10
The clearcoat from the factory came in an orange peel condition. I've tried to smooth it out for a better looking shine. No dice.

So you are using a PC and not a rotary but clear coat with orange peel will not be removed (tough); The best you could do is a rotary with some compound (light). Glaze will add shine but not wetness in my eyes. But ford has soft paint unless German cars.:)

Originally Posted By: adamg
Wouldn't your paint get scratched by not washing away the dirt before scrubbing / buffing with a cloth?

Um, after applying polish etc you buff off. You are not driving a few days then removing.

Originally Posted By: es350
Originally Posted By: adamg
Wouldn't your paint get scratched by not washing away the dirt before scrubbing / buffing with a cloth?

Um, after applying polish etc you buff off. You are not driving a few days then removing.

Um, I realize that. In the video the guy is applying this on a dirty panel.

The only way you can remove/reduce orange peel in paint is to wetsand and polish. No amount of waxing or machine polishing is going to do it on its own.

One thing you have to consider is wetsanding removes a certain amount of clearcoat. The top layers of clearcoat have UV inhibitors in them, which preserve the color coat underneath and maintain the integrity of the paint system. By wetsanding, you are removing some of that UV protection which could compromise the paint system in the future.

However, if you want that show car perfect shine, sand and polish is the only way to do it.

Wet sand & shoot a decent amount of clearcoat on? I had to take the swirls out of the wife's repaired fender. More than factory clear coat. Had to do the fender twice. She's happy so it was a perfect job. lol

you could do with without sanding but your need a rotary, correct pad and correct product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back