Any in store options for UOA service?

Considering doing a UOA on my Chevy and Toyota both running Mobil 1 High Mileage 5w30 Triple Action formula. However the whole UOA process is kinda new to me.

Blackstone seems a bit confusing it is not clear on how it really works, so is there any in store options where I can purchase in store, return to the store and receive the results all paid there?.

I would like an option that does show the TBN preferably.

Considering doing a UOA on my Chevy and Toyota both running Mobil 1 High Mileage 5w30 Triple Action formula. However the whole UOA process is kinda new to me.

Blackstone seems a bit confusing it is not clear on how it really works, so is there any in store options where I can purchase in store, return to the store and receive the results all paid there?.

I would like an option that does show the TBN preferably.
Blackstone is really easy. I'm getting ready to send a sample off. Take everything out of the black container. Put oil in the small container, put that inside of the zip bag and wrap with the oil absorbant cloth. Fill out the paperwork and throw a check or cc number in.

Blackstone is really easy. I'm getting ready to send a sample off. Take everything out of the black container. Put oil in the small container, put that inside of the zip bag and wrap with the oil absorbant cloth. Fill out the paperwork and throw a check or cc number in.
Yea I do not wanting any banking or card information going through the mail, that is just a preference of mine.

Yea I do not wanting any banking or card information going through the mail, that is just a preference of mine.
You can pay online and they match up the payment with your address on your sample slip. Works fine for me. They will mail you a sample kit for free or when you pre-pay online.

Go to Napa and order FIL 4077. Napa even accepts cash :D

It's the Wix kit done by ALS. You buy the kit from Napa, take the sample, then send it to the lab of your choice (several labels are included with the kit, so choose the one closest to you)

While you can just mail it in the black canister they provide, some post offices give people a hard time about them, so you're better off putting the sample and canister in a box.

Make sure your email address is legible because that is how they send the report.

Go to Napa and order FIL 4077. Napa even accepts cash :D

It's the Wix kit done by ALS. You buy the kit from Napa, take the sample, then send it to the lab of your choice (several labels are included with the kit, so choose the one closest to you)

While you can just mail it in the black canister they provide, some post offices give people a hard time about them, so you're better off putting the sample and canister in a box.

Make sure your email address is legible because that is how they send the report.
So my understanding from this is it is all pre-paid at Napa just by purchasing the kit? so no payment after?.

Yeah, IMO bring in that part number, cause I talked to my NAPA Know How guy, and he looked puzzled like (what) is this? Then I gave him that p/n.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Wix equivalent of the Napa oil analysis kit can be easily bought through Amazon, if you already have an Amazon account. Search for 24077

Back