Any detailers in NJ willing to teach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm willing to pay for your expertise and time of course.
Not confident using the portercable on my own as a rookie.
Some of the prices of the premium detailers are outrageous - 900 dollars+.
I drive a (black) G35, not a Ferrari.

if you were in PA I could show you what you need to know.

what are you having problems with or are uncomfortable with ?

Originally Posted By: matrass
if you were in PA I could show you what you need to know.

what are you having problems with or are uncomfortable with ?

i'm just afraid of burning paint or clear coat (by using a pad that is too aggressive, etc.).

Originally Posted By: Trinh
i'm just afraid of burning paint or clear coat (by using a pad that is too aggressive, etc.).

That is certainly a possibility even with the Porter Cable, especially on edges and creases on the body, but you really have to overdo it.

Start with a Meguiars Foam Finishing pad, you can't do too much damage with that pad and a super fine polish. Clay bar first.

Use two pads one for wax, one for polishing.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002UQ...MHFP59D7YQSC8GE

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015PM...7SP9BQTDV9Z70FV

+1 on Phil. He hosted an Adam's detailing clinic yesterday (Saturday). What you learn can apply to most any product.

Last edited:
as others have said you can burn through the clear on a sharp body panel. the pc is pretty safe if you start out with something like a paint cleaner ( to get your fee wet and feel the way the machine runs ) once you do that step up to a mild polish and pad. if Phil is close to you and you can got to one of his clinics that would be a good idea.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vikas
If you have old beater, you can experiment and learn on it.

+1

I think thats the best idea. Cost is like 500$ or less and you can learn alot on your own, play with the buffer and learn more about mechanical things too. Im doing that with my accent.

It does not even have to be the $500 beater. It just should not be your sole pride and joy and something on which you are still making payment aka relatively new vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back