Another shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: RiceCake
Quote:
When i was in school, a schoolyard scrap was not uncommon.

All I know is in my day if you did something stupid the worst you had was people "talking about you", as opposed to everyone logging onto Facebook and having your entire life history to scrutinize and laugh at, feeling free to gang together with others to stone you for it.

A very valid point.

+1

And a serious lack of morals, period.

What always amazes me is when I see someone get caught in 2 hours. Their best plan and they get caught in 2 hours

I like to think if I shot someone I would have a plan that maybe I have a few days out prior to being caught.

my realization is the we are a sick and shallow society.

we have to become more aware of how interconnected we are, we are all part of one consciousness. I am society and society is me.

How can I expect anything outside of me to change, until I change??

For me, the deeper I look, the more questions I ask, the better life gets, the more freedom I feel, inside.

I have a somewhat different perspective coming from England but my analogy is that I see it as a jigsaw puzzles...the pieces that make up that puzzle are mainly wrong: TV, movies, video games (these are the obvious ones) the break down of families, that abortion is done so blatantly, lack of community, our separation from nature & the land, not knowing where our food & water come from, drinking water with chlorine and fluoride in it, the mass acceptance of taking endless amount of drugs for this, that and the other, and maybe most importantly, the complete lack of understanding of ourselves, not understanding ego and the self and not seeing how important it is that we need to see the mechanics of that.

its a tangled web, but WE weave it every day.

as long as im "me" and you're "you" (separation) nothing will REALLY change.

Originally Posted By: stro_cruiser

we have to become more aware of how interconnected we are, we are all part of one consciousness. I am society and society is me.

For me, the deeper I look, the more questions I ask, the better life gets, the more freedom I feel, inside.

I have a somewhat different perspective coming from England but my analogy is that I see it as a jigsaw puzzles...the pieces that make up that puzzle are mainly wrong: TV, movies, video games (these are the obvious ones) the break down of families, that abortion is done so blatantly, lack of community, our separation from nature & the land, not knowing where our food & water come from, drinking water with chlorine and fluoride in it, the mass acceptance of taking endless amount of drugs for this, that and the other, and maybe most importantly, the complete lack of understanding of ourselves, not understanding ego and the self and not seeing how important it is that we need to see the mechanics of that.

I agree!

The President wants to look at "media violence", fine do so.
....BUT look into why when a GOOD GUY stops a BAD GUY with a GUN that it's not put in every newspaper and every media outlet like they do when a BAD GUY/NUTCASE kills somebody with a GUN.

Originally Posted By: oldhp
The President wants to look at "media violence", fine do so.
....BUT look into why when a GOOD GUY stops a BAD GUY with a GUN that it's not put in every newspaper and every media outlet like they do when a BAD GUY/NUTCASE kills somebody with a GUN.

Well, it seems like cops and soldiers are the only good guys that the media 'allows' to stop bad guys with guns. Anyone else who is ever forced to defend themselves usually gets trampled on by the media.

That's exactly what I mean, you and me defending ourselves from BADGUY/NUTCASE and then from the freakin' NEWS MEDIA.
NEWS MEDIA=Puppets run by who? Gov that's who!!!

Seems most people agree that it is mental issues + weapon [gun] = problem.

Now try and figure out which one is easier to control. Forced medication? Weapons restrictions? Who knows.
Unplug your TV and internet and you've solved the problem for yourself, actually.

Originally Posted By: surfstar
Seems most people agree that it is mental issues + weapon [gun] = problem.

Now try and figure out which one is easier to control. Forced medication? Weapons restrictions? Who knows.
Unplug your TV and internet and you've solved the problem for yourself, actually.

There are 8,000 hangun murders a year.Most are done by prior felons.
Unless you are saying the average thug has mental problems, mental issues + weapon is not the real problem.
It's the smoke

I would also say it's these 8,000 hangun murders a year, most done by prior felons that make us legal people want to be able to have a gun.
I'm not one bit worried about the few nuts who go out. It's one in a million odds
I'm worried about the thugs

Last edited:
I have a agenda all along. My agenda ammo is too cheap. Just look at how oil prices are so important here. All you have to do is make ammo 10 bucks a shell. Then nobody will hit a bystander nor just shoot if someone gave them the finger coming into the parking lot. Simple cure for the shootings which is a weekly thing. The NRA will like it as its most important item profit will be dealt with, idiots will think twice and make another choice like Thunderbird wine and you will get is golfers who make $60 mil will complain about taxes and the cost of ammo. Ok tough at first but the shooting will slow to a trickle. You heard it first with uncle Otto.

Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
I have a agenda all along. My agenda ammo is too cheap. ... You heard it first with uncle Otto.

Chris Rock on Bullet Control

Sorry, you're a bit late. Does sound like an answer. Is there an Anti-Bullet lobby? You can have all the guns you want, but ammo; that you have to register for.
lol.gif

This is simply another sace of the parent(s) "securing" their firearms in a closet where everyone including this sicko has access. I blame the parents 100%, especially when you drill down to the whole story and find not only this butt-head had access but his 9yo brother and 2yo & 4yo sisters as well. Looks like they were asking for trouble and if the son didn't get the firearms, they would have probably been stolen at some point in time....at least the firearms are in police custody at this point.

I'm not trying to come off as sounding hard but lets face reality, access to guns is entirely too easy. If you can afford a firearm, then you can afford a safe....no, you say because safes are too expensive? Then YOU have no business owning a firearm.

I collect firearms and keep them in a safe where they belong.

Or for that matter parentrs who stay together though they have grown to hate each other and show the kids misery first hand.
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: clarkflower
Me too
http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/the-monitors-view/2013/0116/What-Obama-s-gun-proposals-left-out
What Obama's gun proposals left out

President Obama's actions and proposals on gun violence are worthy, especially his directive on research into media violence. But he failed to link gun violence to children of broken or single-parent homes.

Originally Posted By: Big_Kat
Originally Posted By: Mystic
Perhaps a moral code has to be taught in the schools.

The value of human life has been lowered since it's now "OK" to have an abortion and nobody bats an eye. Life is life, value every minute of it!!!!

I agree!

That is perhaps the most IGNORANT thing I've read so far in recent weeks concerning the firearms debate! Blame it on abortion.

If you don't like it then fine, but don't blame the world's problems on it. Regardless of whether you support it or not, it is necessary and should remain legal. However, it really is not a topic for this board (at least publicly) and is well beyond the scope of this thread.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
Originally Posted By: Mystic
Perhaps a moral code has to be taught in the schools.

The value of human life has been lowered since it's now "OK" to have an abortion and nobody bats an eye. Life is life, value every minute of it!!!!

I agree!

That is perhaps the most IGNORANT thing I've read so far in recent weeks concerning the firearms debate! Blame it on abortion.

If you don't like it then fine, but don't blame the world's problems on it. Regardless of whether you support it or not, it is necessary and should remain legal. However, it really is not a topic for this board (at least publicly) and is well beyond the scope of this thread.

I'm blaming it on the lack of morals in this country. How can we charge a person for murder of a human being outside the womb, but yet when a fetus is killed nobody is charge. Does that fetus not have the right to life since it is a human being, with hopefully human DNA all 46 chromosomes. We all have out opinions and that is mine. If you don't stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything .

Both my wife and I are pro-choice and yet we don't suffer from a lack of morals. We don't go around trying to con people out of money, I don't lie, cheat or steal. I don't kick little old ladies in the shin and take their purses, and I sure as heck don't have the urge to use my firearms in an irresponsible manner. So don't try and make some arbitrary comparison.

just because you don't happen to believe in it, doesn't automatically make it wrong.

It seems wrong to me because we're splitting the hair on what's right and wrong so the thin. In my eyes the fetus has both parents' dna and is it's own developing person. At what point of development does this separate person have rights under the constitution. I say this because what makes it ok to kill a fetus in a doctor's office, but in a traffic accident a person could he charged with fetal homicide. Which one is wrong???

I say this because what makes it ok to kill a fetus in a doctor's office, but in a traffic accident a person could he charged with fetal homicide.

The same thing that makes it OK to legally execute someone.

Originally Posted By: Trajan

I say this because what makes it ok to kill a fetus in a doctor's office, but in a traffic accident a person could he charged with fetal homicide.

A legal execution is performed only after adjudication, and then only after the person to be executed has done something truly heinous, usually murdering someone.

What has a child not yet born done to someone? The fact that you equate these things is truly disturbing.

From day one, the genetic code of a person is unique and different from that of the mother. Male children will also have different types of chromosomes, which again, proves that the child is not "part of the mother".

Further, courts of law have held that DNA is a unique marker for an individual. So under currently accepted law regarding the identification of individuals, the child should have the same rights as anyone else, and the destruction of that unique DNA should be seen as murder.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Originally Posted By: Trajan

A legal execution is performed only after adjudication, and then only after the person to be executed has done something truly heinous, usually murdering someone.

What has a child not yet born done to someone? The fact that you equate these things is truly disturbing.

From day one, the genetic code of a person is unique and different from that of the mother. Male children will also have different types of chromosomes, which again, proves that the child is not "part of the mother".

Further, courts of law have held that DNA is a unique marker for an individual. So under currently accepted law regarding the identification of individuals, the child should have the same rights as anyone else, and the destruction of that unique DNA should be seen as murder.

Thanks Tempest, That is what I was trying to spit out.

I'm not interested in what you find disturbing. Abortion is legal. It is not murder. Neither is legal execution.

Courts of law, in case you forgot, have determined that abortion is not murder.

What is disturbing is the inability to grasp that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back