ANOTHER proven iPhone lifesaving feature for the newest iPhone 14

I have posted many posts and threads in this forum on how my iPhone 13 FDA APPROVED ECG function greatly helped speed up and diagnose rapidly increasing PVC episodes as well as more serious other episode with my heart. Intervention early prevented it morphing into more serious VTACH and also prevented any damage to my heart. Today just over 6 months later, my heart in perfect timing/rhythm.

Ok, so, what is the newest feature of the iPhone 14???
One must keep in mind, these features on a device well under $1000 hold true to Apple philosophy of a better more healthy and safe world.
I read so many uninformed distractions in this and other forums of people who do not understand all the features built in. There is another thread in here for some reason with the same type of talk, but wanted to have a clean slate to present another feature, maybe first the cell phone world once again. YOU get what you pay for with Apple, the stuff works, it's not a toy, the product is well built and can take a serious amount of punishment. Personally maybe it should be more expensive as some of the public at just $799 thinks it's a midlevel phone. Yet no phone has the features that it has and does it professionally meaning they are not gimmicks.

How many know the new iPhone 14 does not need cell service to contact emergency services? It can transmit to satellites ...
Here is one story and direct testimony from someone hurt AND emergency personnel in California =

Last edited:
You should read on the latest thing Apple is doing for Parkinson’s and epilepsy patients. The health and medical technology is going to be huge going forward.
Good post, wasnt aware. I know I say it all the time but you have to remember where Im coming from when I say this. The male side of my family is a train wreck with heart issues and death do to them. Im the only survivor with a strong heart, granted I learned from them and altered my lifestyle and always remembered not to eat the diet they did and that mostly kept plaque in my veins to a minimal of 20% where my other family members needed quad bypasses over 20 years before my current age is amazing.

I'll never accept others trashing Apple because they just hate a company so successful and ignore the good it does, not only that, the perception that their products are overpriced. My Apple Watch without question got me intervention by its ECG app before any significant heart damage took place and as recent as just 2 months ago 04/23 where a heart echo which was a follow up after my ablation Nov 2022 showed my heart condition as good as it gets for my age. My EF score still comes in at 55 to 60.

My doctor bills last year amounted to $125,000 all paid for by insurance except less than $1000 I had to pay and because of to me, a dirt cheap Apple Watch 7 I got for Christmas linked to my relatively inexpensive iPhone 13 speeded up the process and prevented heart damage. So impressed with the ECG data both my cardiologist and cardiac electrophysiologist praised looking at the ECG's I printed out for them. Used these words as they looked at them and went through pages I printed "this is great"

Night before procedure taken from the ECG app on the Apple Watch;
Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 12.59.43 PM.png

Day after the procedure, I was in and out of the hospital in less than 10 hours, procedure was 4 hours for the ablation
Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 1.00.03 PM.png

I know I posted this so many times, I just feel so freaking fortunate.

Last edited:
Good post, wasnt aware. I know I say it all the time but you have to remember where Im coming from when I say this. The male side of my family is a train wreck with heart issues and death do to them. Im the only survivor with a strong heart, granted I learned from them and altered my lifestyle and always remembered not to eat the diet they did and that mostly kept plaque in my veins to a minimal of 20% where my other family members needed quad bypasses over 20 years before my current age is amazing.

I'll never accept others trashing Apple because they just hate a company so successful and ignore the good it does, not only that, the perception that their products are overpriced. My Apple Watch without question got me intervention by its ECG app before any significant heart damage took place and as recent as just 2 months ago 04/23 where a heart echo which was a follow up after my ablation Nov 2022 showed my heart condition as good as it gets for my age. My EF score still comes in at 55 to 60.

My doctor bills last year amounted to $125,000 all paid for by insurance except less than $1000 I had to pay and because of to me, a dirt cheap Apple Watch 7 I got for Christmas linked to my relatively inexpensive iPhone 13 speeded up the process and prevented heart damage. So impressed with the ECG data both my cardiologist and cardiac electrophysiologist praised looking at the ECG's I printed out for them. Used these words as they looked at them and went through pages I printed "this is great"

Night before procedure taken from the ECG app on the Apple Watch;
View attachment 165070

Day after the procedure, I was in and out of the hospital in less than 10 hours, procedure was 4 hours for the ablation
View attachment 165073

I know I posted this so many times, I just feel so freaking fortunate.
Thing I've never liked with Apple is you're buying into their proprietary 'eco system' and basically don't have a ton of adjustability compared to the Android platform. I personally couldn't tolerate their dinky/weak designs on the phones and especially the trashy watches. I don't care what their constant mention of net worth is as that doesn't mean they are superior, just means they have a lot of support from those that don't know any better, bwahaha! I will gladly say that Apple reminds me of Starbucks in that you're paying a premium for the experience as the products are barely tolerable at best. By all means continue to support them, but I personally will never rely on any aftermarket device to look after my health.

Last edited:
Thing I've never liked with Apple is you're buying into their proprietary 'eco system' and basically don't have a ton of adjustability compared to the Android platform. I personally couldn't tolerate their dinky/weak designs on the phones and especially the trashy watches. I don't care what their constant mention of net worth is as that doesn't mean they are superior, just means they have a lot of support from those that don't know any better, bwahaha! I will gladly say that Apple reminds me of Starbucks in that you're paying a premium for the experience as the products are barely tolerable at best. By all means continue to support them, but I personally will never rely on any aftermarket device to look after my health.
So continue with your Android I wont berate you. ;)I will say dont twist words around like you have. It shows your bias.
What aftermarket device do you speak of?
An FDA approved ECG device? A satellite based SOS device?
Im confused.
Information for health reasons is a bad thing? Why would anyone rely on a product for their health? Dont you go to doctors?

Premium? So why do you call a $2000 Samsung phone compared to a $800 iPhone?
It's ok, we got each others points!

Last edited:
Thing I've never liked with Apple is you're buying into their proprietary 'eco system' and basically don't have a ton of adjustability compared to the Android platform.
I used to think this as well. For years. Then I got an iPhone 14

It's just not true. In fact the real advantage of the iPhone IS the programmability. It's quite powerful and I am just scratching the surface. There are things you can set up without adding a nosy ("free") app. Sure Apple is proprietary in the sense of the word, but it's just not as evil and pernicious and clingy as Android/Google. I for one am glad to have Google the hell out of my life.

So continue with your Android I wont berate you. ;)I will say dont twist words around like you have. It shows your bias.
What aftermarket device do you speak of?
An ADA approved ECG device? A satellite based SOS device?
Im confused.
Information for health reasons is a bad thing? Why would anyone rely on a product for their health? Dont you go to doctors?

Premium? So why do you call a $2000 Samsung phone compared to a $800 iPhone?
It's ok, we got each others points!
Can't begin to count how many people I've been around that actually rely on a watch to give 'accurate/consistent' BP readings, sleep activity, etc. Suppose it's better than just guessing, but not much more than that.

Also, I have handled various iPhones of family members, friends, etc. and it reminds me of going back to the Sesame Street days. Granted that sort of device appeals to many, just never will to me. I mean look at this $800 dinky designed turd... my stepson recently got one just because it's Apple and not much else to offer.

rugged-smartwatches-5.jpg

Can't begin to count how many people I've been around that actually rely on a watch to give 'accurate/consistent' BP readings, sleep activity, etc. Suppose it's better than just guessing, but not much more than that.

Also, I have handled various iPhones of family members, friends, etc. and it reminds me of going back to the Sesame Street days. Granted that sort of device appeals to many, just never will to me. I mean look at this $800 dinky designed turd... my stepson recently got one just because it's Apple and not much else to offer.

View attachment 165109
huh? Well, your stepson spent $800 on a watch you dont like. I cant help you with that. A Titanium Case watch able to withstand the pressure of being 300 feet underwater. Tested to military specs under the harshest conditions I suspect many will not find that watch appealing including me sort of but have no problem for those into this stuff. As far as the face of the watch you can chose anything you want, same as whatever wallpaper you choose for a computer.

Typical new latest Apple Watch 8 is $399 and you can get an SE for $249 which an easy visit to Apples website shows.

I personally like my Wallpaper the best on my Apple Watch seven. I took it from a screen shot on my computer and put it on my watch ...
I think she is mesmerizing. 🥰

IMG_3858.JPG

Last edited:
Samsung has incorporated spO2 and heart readings since 2015 to their phones.

These functions were omitted from the phone and integrated into the Samsung Galaxy Watch which can run ECG and even measure blood pressure which the Apple watch is not capable of.

Samsung-Galaxy-Watch-3-Mystic-Bronze-Black.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 165109

I'm strongly in Android's system (specifically google) but I ordered 3 iPhone SE 2023 for some employees, I realized just why folks like it. Personally I don't like being locked into an ecosystem/vertical system but Apple is by far easier to setup for business use compared to android, the screens look nicer, feel better built compared to just about all androids, and the SE is the perfect size IMO.

I have posted many posts and threads in this forum on how my iPhone 13 FDA APPROVED ECG function greatly helped speed up and diagnose rapidly increasing PVC episodes as well as more serious other episode with my heart. Intervention early prevented it morphing into more serious VTACH and also prevented any damage to my heart. Today just over 6 months later, my heart in perfect timing/rhythm.

Ok, so, what is the newest feature of the iPhone 14???
One must keep in mind, these features on a device well under $1000 hold true to Apple philosophy of a better more healthy and safe world.
I read so many uninformed distractions in this and other forums of people who do not understand all the features built in. There is another thread in here for some reason with the same type of talk, but wanted to have a clean slate to present another feature, maybe first the cell phone world once again. YOU get what you pay for with Apple, the stuff works, it's not a toy, the product is well built and can take a serious amount of punishment. Personally maybe it should be more expensive as some of the public at just $799 thinks it's a midlevel phone. Yet no phone has the features that it has and does it professionally meaning they are not gimmicks.

How many know the new iPhone 14 does not need cell service to contact emergency services? It can transmit to satellites ...
Here is one story and direct testimony from someone hurt AND emergency personnel in California =

A lot of positives but you fail to mention the negatives. There are plenty. Sourcing of the elements and the underbelly of what that no need for service tech for an emergency call requires you to give up.

I'm strongly in Android's system (specifically google) but I ordered 3 iPhone SE 2023 for some employees, I realized just why folks like it. Personally I don't like being locked into an ecosystem/vertical system but Apple is by far easier to setup for business use compared to android, the screens look nicer, feel better built compared to just about all androids, and the SE is the perfect size IMO.
My previous employer entire ECO system ran on Apple equipment, including all office equipment, cell connected field technicians iPads and of course their iPhone, the technology was incredible how seamless service calls were conducted, scheduled, inventory maintained and parts ordered but one thing I always hated was the iPhone itself, small cramped I always carried and loved by big screen android and windows phones instead of using my work supplied iPhones which we were allowed within reason. It was a smallish company, dozen plus office computers with the Mac big screens... was very impressive.

Then just some years ago, the iPhone X series came out I bought an XR with now a larger screen. The Apple system drove me crazy at first, seemed so stupid ... well, that was many years ago maybe 5ish? Now my entire world is Apple, wife and I have the watch 7s, two Mac minis, 2 iPhone 13s and a MacBook Air.
We have one modern Windows Lenovo Yoga running the on Intel EVO architecture as my wife at the time wanted to slowly evaluate using the APPLE stuff before she entirely left Windows, plus her company work station is windows. We both been computing at home since 1995.
I love what feels like simplicity (for a computer system) and seamless integration between my iPhone, Mac mini, Apple Watch and MacBook Air. SO the rest history and now I am what some call me in here an "Apple Fanboy" I no longer use Windows or Android for any task.

BTW maybe it's all computers now but I never had an issue with any Apple device but my wife's $1000 Lenovo notebook computer hinges failed in month 14 of owning it. My wife is super good to her equipment too, its just for household use, never leaves home and most expensive laptop we ever owned because they are secondary devices to us, we use desktops primarily. She really takes care of her stuff.

Anyway, Lenovo known issue, and some conversations with Lenovo they allowed her to buy a premium extended warranty for less than $150 and someone came to the house replaced the entire screen itself, hinges and cover that the screen sits in. More or less, entire top of the notebook at the cost of buying the warranty which was great as we already had prices to replace the whole thing cant remember but it was pricey.

Last edited:

These functions were omitted from the phone and integrated into the Samsung Galaxy Watch which can run ECG and even measure blood pressure which the Apple watch is not capable of.

This is not correct as the Samsung BP function can not be sold in the USA. ( I just noticed you are from Australia)
Please provide a link otherwise but as of the last year or so Samsung watch only moved onto their watch the BP feature which is illegal in the USA and why it is not offered.
Its also not as cut and dry as a BP device where it is allowed to be sold, as you have to physically hook up and traditional arm BP device to (sync) calibrate the watch every 30 days... something most of the public wont do even if it gets approval to be sold here which I dont think will ever happen.

Not sure what your reference to Samsung 2015 matters, this is 2023 and the Apple Watch performs the mentioned O2, ECG readings as well as a dozen or more other health readings seamlessly and most effortlessly. And of course the biggest life saver of all the new iPhone 14 ability to send out an SOS with location where there is no cell service using satellites. Im not sure if that integrates with the watch fall feature but not interested enough to look into as I dont have a 14 yet.

BTW maybe it's all computers now but I never had an issue with any Apple device but my wife's $1000 Lenovo notebook computer hinges failed in month 14 of owning it.

Consumer grade notebooks are notorious for that. I had an HP that had a hinge break through the screen bezel after 4 years of use. It was a $500 Costco laptop, certainly not a business grade laptop.

My old work laptop, a Lenovo Thinkpad T480, is still in almost mint condition despite being 5 years old. In fact I bought it from the company I work for, $230.

My previous employer entire ECO system ran on Apple equipment, including all office equipment, cell connected field technicians iPads and of course their iPhone, the technology was incredible how seamless service calls were conducted, scheduled, inventory maintained and parts ordered but one thing I always hated was the iPhone itself, small cramped I always carried and loved by big screen android and windows phones instead of using my work supplied iPhones which we were allowed within reason. It was a smallish company, dozen plus office computers with the Mac big screens... was very impressive.

Then just some years ago, the iPhone X series came out I bought an XR with now a larger screen. The Apple system drove me crazy at first, seemed so stupid ... well, that was many years ago maybe 5ish? Now my entire world is Apple, wife and I have the watch 7s, two Mac minis, 2 iPhone 13s and a MacBook Air.
We have one modern Windows Lenovo Yoga running the on Intel EVO architecture as my wife at the time wanted to slowly evaluate using the APPLE stuff before she entirely left Windows, plus her company work station is windows. We both been computing at home since 1995.
I love what feels like simplicity (for a computer system) and seamless integration between my iPhone, Mac mini, Apple Watch and MacBook Air. SO the rest history and now I am what some call me in here an "Apple Fanboy" I no longer use Windows or Android for any task.

BTW maybe it's all computers now but I never had an issue with any Apple device but my wife's $1000 Lenovo notebook computer hinges failed in month 14 of owning it. My wife is super good to her equipment too, its just for household use, never leaves home and most expensive laptop we ever owned because they are secondary devices to us, we use desktops primarily. She really takes care of her stuff.

Anyway, Lenovo known issue, and some conversations with Lenovo they allowed her to buy a premium extended warranty for less than $150 and someone came to the house replaced the entire screen itself, hinges and cover that the screen sits in. More or less, entire top of the notebook at the cost of buying the warranty which was great as we already had prices to replace the whole thing cant remember but it was pricey.

I used to call you an apple fanboy too :ROFLMAO:, at least until I got my hands on some iPhones for some employees and was able to somewhat go through the iPhone experience. I haven't setup an all-apple ecosystem before but from I hear, that is easier than trying to setup a mix of apple devices within a Windows server environment. That was before Microsoft pushed Azure AD though so at least today it has become easier to integrate Apple devices into a Windows server environment with API keys with a company using Azure AD.

I ordered a Samsung Galaxy Active tablet for an employee a few months ago and that was a PITA to setup (and having to administer a third mobile account and MDM.) I wish I just got him an iPad instead.

I feel like consumer-grade laptops have really fallen off the quality end. I ordered a few of them around 2018 for some users to test out how well they would do in a general in-office and outdoor remote work environment and they all failed within half a year with the exception of mine. Then I gave mine to another user and they broke it in 3 months :confused:.

I used to call you an apple fanboy too :ROFLMAO:, at least until I got my hands on some iPhones for some employees and was able to somewhat go through the iPhone experience. I haven't setup an all-apple ecosystem before but from I hear, that is easier than trying to setup a mix of apple devices within a Windows server environment. That was before Microsoft pushed Azure AD though so at least today it has become easier to integrate Apple devices into a Windows server environment with API keys with a company using Azure AD.

I ordered a Samsung Galaxy Active tablet for an employee a few months ago and that was a PITA to setup (and having to administer a third mobile account and MDM.) I wish I just got him an iPad instead.

I feel like consumer-grade laptops have really fallen off the quality end. I ordered a few of them around 2018 for some users to test out how well they would do in a general in-office and outdoor remote work environment and they all failed within half a year with the exception of mine. Then I gave mine to another user and they broke it in 3 months :confused:.
Thank you! I mean that. I know I come across as a crazy person at times, but I really am not, just the way I type I guess. Im not loyal to any company unless they earn it. Apple is one of a few in my lifetime that has earned it. Im really traditionally very independent of ANY corporation. BTW- of they let me down, I will be just as vocal and let the world know.

Reactions: Pew

The measuring of blood pressure is a bit convoluted as I understand it. It measures changes in BP but you need to have a baseline measurement first with the traditional devices before proceeding. Blood pressure is a constant variable.

The whole health technology movement is fascinating. Future Apple AirPods will be able to monitor certain health parameters. I’m sure this technology will come to other manufacturers as well. I am waiting for the blood glucose measuring. When that happens it will certainly change the routines of diabetics like me who test daily and even those with CGM devices. No more needles!

Back