Another InBev takeover?..... SABMiller next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
News: Anheuser-Busch InBev NV on Wednesday said it had approached SABMiller PLC about a takeover

They started with Brazil, thanks to limitless complacency of the local authorities, and gained a 66% market share through the combination of Brahma and Antarctica. Which still brings them the highest (51%), worldwide. In a country which happens to be one of the most corrupt, worldwide.

The story goes on with Argentina, Mexico, the US, all countries where their market share is either close to or over 45%. Such a brilliant company, with such brilliant people...

Their true dream (Bringing people together for a better world) says it all: swallow the competitors to secure monopoly profits.
Quote:
A takeover approach for SABMiller by AB InBev recently gained urgency amid slowing beer sales around the globe, including the U.S., AB InBev's most-important market, where small "craft" brewers are swiping market share.

The fact of the matter is the quality of beer produced by the Craft Brewers is far superior to the major brewers. They can buy out whoever they want but quality is what the consumers want and quality is what they are getting from the craft brewers.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
The fact of the matter is the quality of beer produced by the Craft Brewers is far superior to the major brewers. They can buy out whoever they want but quality is what the consumers want and quality is what they are getting from the craft brewers.

The fact of the matter is that craft brewers still only make up a small percentage of overall beer sales in the US: National Beer Sales and Production Data. That data shows that craft brewers accounted for 11% of beer sales by volume and 19% by dollars in the US in 2014. So "the consumers" still prefer macro beer by a large margin. And with that volume/dollar share discrepancy it seems apparent that macro beer will always have a place due to the cost value. I am a craft beer fan and search it out whenever I travel for business but do not hate the big boys. People still like AB beers (hence their financial success) and I think they will be the big player for the foreseeable future because people like their products. Yes, craft brewers are picking up market share but I doubt they will ever represent a majority of the market as craft brewers cannot fulfill a majority of the market's demand, pretty much by definition. M&A is the modern business model and AB InBev is doing what big companies do: acquiring competitors that can make their business stronger.

And I am not a macro brew fanboy. Sure, I'll enjoy a Blue Moon or Shock Top every once in a while, but 95% of my beer consumption is true micro brews (not faux micros owned and brewed by macros) and small name imports (primarily German beers with monks on the bottles).

Last edited:
The combined ABInbev and SABMiller would control between 65% and 70% of the U.S. beer market. There is no chance that such a tie up will be approved by federal antitrust regulators. The merger would create similar monopolies in some European markets, where antitrust regulations are, if anything, stricter than in the U.S.

Bud, Miller,and Coors could all go away and I would barely notice other than opening up shelf space for good beer!

Today's majors isn't even beer anymore. It's malt liquor with syrup flavouring added similar to carbonated soda pop type beverages.
In Canada we still get beer. Molson canadian and labatt blue is still actual beer.

Creemore springs is my favourite beer though. Ingredients are listed. Malt,hops,water,barley and yeast.
And tastes wonderful. But doesn't keep for very long. Goes skunky pretty fast. Corona comes skunky which is why the citrus gets added. Helps de-skunkify that swill.
Corona is the only imported beer that is tested for urine.
Think about that when tipping one back.

They used to be a customer of mine, sad to hear they're closing. A lot of good people in that plant

Originally Posted By: CT8
It is the new world order unfolding before our eyes.

For me it was 1985/6 when I got the NES

Originally Posted By: R80RS
The combined ABInbev and SABMiller would control between 65% and 70% of the U.S. beer market. There is no chance that such a tie up will be approved by federal antitrust regulators. The merger would create similar monopolies in some European markets, where antitrust regulations are, if anything, stricter than in the U.S.
Unless the right contributions are made. After all, 2016 is not far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back