Another Autorx success story and ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
First my question, has any tried Transmatic treatment? I'm looking for a transmission treatment that I can leave in for additional lubrication, any opinions?

-

Excuse the Fram filter but I went for the cheap one because I don't have a side mount.

I first heard about this stuff and Bobstheoilguy website on a detailing website, detailerslcub.com(biscuits&gravy). So I decided to give this stuff a shot on an old V8 with well over 150k on the motor. I put one bottle of Autorx and 6 qts of fresh dyno oil in my crankcase (plus new filter) and this is what the oil was looking like after 400 miles on the Autorx.

-

I got kinda nervous because there was little black soot spots in there so I decided to change the oil even though there was only 400 miles on it. I had previously (constantly) checked the oil and it was very clear until about 100 miles, then the cleaning started and the oil darkened. After 400 miles this is what the oil looked like-

-

-

The oil in the filter was even blacker thanks to the ADBV (Valve).

-

Despite the oil being black and containing some soot type particles, the filter material was not clogged after 400 miles. The floor was a mess from changing my own oil, but it was a great use for my old MF towels that have been laying around forever, cleaned the oil right up.

-

Impressions
I am blown away from the results I recieved from Autorx. You can see the engine results above but that isn't even the good part of this story. All week I have been calling transmission shops and where I live it runs $3500 to rebuild my tranny with all the updates. I called everyone in the book and even Aamco said the last two identical transmissions to mine they did were $3500 bucks. My symptoms were that when I hit the gas the motor whinned just fine but the vehicle wouldn't hardly move. It took forever to shift and when it finally shifted it was rough. In other words my transmission was slipping. So I was looking for a good transmission treatment to see if it could help.

I was looking at Bobstheoilguy's site and saw that Autorx could be used in transmissions too. The problem was that the last yahoo that filled my tranny oil over filled it so I had to be careful on putting anymore fluid in there. I started putting 2oz incraments in my transmission dipstick hole with the little injector thing you see in my very first picture next to the Autorx bottle. The first two ounces had no noticable difference. I put 2 more ounces in the next day and my transmission was FIXED! When I hit the gas I frickin boogy, and the thing shifts smoothly. I added another 2 ounces for good measure and now I'm going to drive it for a while and drop the pan and change the fluid and filter.

I may have to change the transmission soon because I'm abusing the **** out of it, it's fun to punch it and actually move. I cannot believe how well Autorx worked in my motor and tranny! I would give this stuff my highest recommendation based on what I know and my results.

What I don't know
confused.gif

I have no idea about long term results in a motor. I have literally only had it in my trans for a couple days so I have no idea about longevity in a tranny either. I do know so far Autorx saved me 3500 bucks because I was days away from putting it in the shop for a trans rebuild. I do like the fact it works slower than an engine flush, makes me think this stuff doesn't have harsh detergents like those type's of products which can be bad for your internal parts.

Mistakes
pat.gif

I should have went longer before changing the oil. I am doing a second cleaning cycle, but to make it worth all the effort and expense of doing 3 oil changes in 3k miles, I think I should have let it clean more to get my money's worth.

would not worry about long term problems BUT IMHO nothing at a treat of 2 ounces would improve anything in 1-2 days BUT i'm happy that it worked for you I just think something mechanical is out of wack.
bruice

Bruce,
Let me tell you bud I was a total skeptic until the results happened exactly like I said. It wasn't the first two oz but the second that fixed my issue and the full 6 oz treatment that has me thinking I didn't need to replace my trans. To clarify I did have a long drive on the first 2 oz. And another long drive with the next, which started having results immediatly.

The transmission had been slipping ever since I bought this thing, in fact I bought it knowing I was going to have to replace the trans. It must have been some part of a clutch or something sticking in the transmision that was cleaned by the Autorx. I cannot express enough on how the symptoms have changed!! Everytime I get in my vehicle I shake my head in disbelief, IT ACTUALLY SHIFTS LOL. It was trully a miracle IMO.

Also, It obvious cleans well as proved above, the engine oil went from being clear at 100 miles to black at 400. I know many of you say ARX is a slow working product, but that hasn't been my experience at all.

Blaze,
I'm doing a second cleaning cycle, I bought three bottles and don't have any other older cars that need it anyhow. I agree though, even if the oil is black I would wait at least 1k miles before changing.

A 400 mile OCI? Wow. I am gonna run some throug my engine I think. Maybe it will get me out of having to kill myself getting the front oil seals replaced. I would have to do that myself and I would rather not remove all those pulleys
lol.gif

Was gonna run it in my tranny but heck, I am gonna have it swapped for the one i am rebuilding now in Dec. Why bother?

I still have the old oil if any wants to put that black stuff in their car.
freak2.gif

Color is not a oil quality benchmark.

If it was, diesel engine oil would be shot in 2 minutes.

Shelby,
Thanks for posting your results, im think ill try some in my engine eventhough ive been using a good synthetic for my trucks life.

Shelby,
All I can say is:

FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!!!

Frank (ARX owner) is the expert with his product and knows EXACTLY how to make his product produce the best results. Use it like he says and you will be even HAPPIER! Geez.

Thanks for the nice pics. In my estimation you may have exhausted the dispersancy of the motor oil in those 400 miles. Not all bad to run only for 400 miles. I would be willing to bet you ran a dino oil in this short cleaning phase. The original cleaning phase was only 500 miles with Auto-Rx. The cleaning phase was increased up to 1500 miles to better facilitate cleansing with full synthetics and semi-synthetics, which may contain some competing esters.

Are you currently running a rinse phase in the motor before the next cleaning application? This would be interesting to see how quick the rinse oil blackens up.

Also, any obervance on the tranny fluid? Are you still running the six ounces?

May want to consider treating the differentials and transfer case before change out, with your new supply of ARX.

If the previous owner was slack in maintenance on the motor and trans, then very likely the gear oil in differentials is overdue.

Are you currently running a rinse phase in the motor before the next cleaning application? This would be interesting to see how quick the rinse oil blackens up.

Man,
I'm going to get hammered for this but I am using the left over 6 oz from the tranny in the current change.
grin.gif

Also, any obervance on the tranny fluid? Are you still running the six ounces?

Yes, I'm going to run it for 1k then change drop the pan, maybe. I really want the rx to clean the tranny, but if it is ok to leave in the tranny I would drop the pan and change the filter and put some new rx in. I have no idea about any changes in the fluid, other than my transmission still shifts properly.

May want to consider treating the differentials and transfer case before change out, with your new supply of ARX.

If the previous owner was slack in maintenance on the motor and trans, then very likely the gear oil in differentials is overdue.

The last owner should go through abuse training before being able to purchase another vehicle. I will defintely look into the gear box application. The coolant I think was never changed, and I would be suprised if she ever changed the oil. Remember, I already recognize it was a mistake to change the oil at 400, but you also have to recognize this was a severly abused motor and I new that going in.

Nobody has any ideas about a permanant transmission treatment? And for the record it was a fresh oil change with new dyno oil, it was very clear until the vehicle hit 100 miles then it started to blacken. I wanted to be on the safe side and check the filter because of the contamination I saw in the oil.

We don't know if the motor oil had a couple thousand miles on it before the ARX was added, with a new filter installed. The oil may have more miles on it than the 400 miles with ARX installed. Some folks use the back end of the oil life to run ARX for economy. You just spin on a new filter and add to existing oil. I ran initial treatments on my cars and trucks with virgin oil. But after the initial application have since been using the back end.

Update:
I checked the fluids today and ironically the motor oil is darkening already somewhat just a few days after being changed. This is happening much sooner than the first time as far as darkening goes. The cleaning must be kicking into high gear. The transmission fluid is still red, I can't tell at all if it's darker but it defintely had an effect on it!

After running the 1000 K in the tranny, I would just replace the fluid with the recommended Mercon fluid. Change out at 30K, after adding 6 oz. of ARX at 29K.

Shelby,

I don't know of any good tranny additives to increase lubricity. But like you, I am running 6 oz autoRx in my tranny just for grins. Haven't noticed anything yet, but it's only been 50 miles or so.
I had a very successful autoRx experience in my '97 Maxima and currently on the rinse in my wife's '88 nissan pickup. It stopped 2 small oil leaks in the Maxima, and drastically reduced 2 in the wife's truck (one appears completely gone, and the other is "weeping"; but it's still on the rinse phase). With AutoRx, I noticed my rinse phase was where the real "cleaning" occured. My rinse phase filter was much nastier than the cleaning phase. I think you'll find the same.

Dave

Lubegard is the only transmission additive I trust, but I'd rather use a top quality fluid like Schaeffer, Mobil 1, Red Line, Amsoil and skip the snake oil.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back