Analysis: PEA in different cleaners (Techron, Archoil, Oilsyn, Pro-Tec)

Hi guys!
I’ve tested different cleaners and different fuels by
Deposit Control Additive in Fuel Test Kit PN 995DCA from BG.

Yes, I’m from the EU, so I’ve tested cleaners and fuel (Shell, BP) from european countries, but I hope you will find them useful. I’m not professional tester and bloger:) I’m using iPhone only for it and 15 minutes per video).

Please find these test on Youtube:

Attachments

• IMG_8273.jpeg
    IMG_8273.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_8274.jpeg
    IMG_8274.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_8275.jpeg
    IMG_8275.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 167
Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. Thanks for this. There are different versions of Techron available here and I always wonder what I'm paying for. I will note that the Jaguar F-Type I drive is well known to stick injectors, and the solution seems to be regular use of cleaner. I purchased Redline S-1, which is supposed to have the highest PEA content.

In any case, Techron, coupled with Shell premium fuel seems to work, as my other Jag is now starting and running well in the cold after multiple uses of Techron injector cleaner, something I had trouble with for years.

Recently did a valve cleaning on the Dadwagon (2010 Passat 2.0 TSI) which is notorious for deposits. 150K on the engine now and purchased 3 years ago with 118K. Has documented oil changes every 7-10K with unknown oils and a documented walnut blasting of intake valves @100K. A steady diet of Costco, BP Ultimate, Shell V-Power, QT Premium, or local with Afton HiTec additive since I've had it with Techron or Lubri-Moly Jectron before oil changes. The valves were surprisingly clean but more so were the injectors, which only had a very thin film of soot that wiped off with a paper towel. Only deposits on the valves were on the stems where they meet the seals, which are probably kinda tired. Oil has been Castrol 0W-40 with my ownership and coupled with a new breather probably mitigated most of the typical valve crud. Thoroughly believe cleaners containing PEA and fuels with nitrogen based detergent adds contributed to the clean fuel system.

The Techron numbers are substantial enough for me. It’s worked as advertised , which is shocking these days.

Using it as directed, ie two treatments per oil change period, it has reversed 120,000 miles of deposits in my fuel system. I’m now at 185,000 miles and the engine is running much better than it did when I purchased the car 65,000 miles and six years ago.

Z

The Techron numbers are substantial enough for me. It’s worked as advertised , which is shocking these days.

Using it as directed, ie two treatments per oil change period, it has reversed 120,000 miles of deposits in my fuel system. I’m now at 185,000 miles and the engine is running much better than it did when I purchased the car 65,000 miles and six years ago.

Z
Exactly! Techron & BG are the top tier cleaners! By the way I’ve tested european version Techron produced in Belgium. In the USA it’s even more powerful according to MSDS.

Exactly! Techron & BG are the top tier cleaners! By the way I’ve tested european version Techron produced in Belgium. In the USA it’s even more powerful according to MSDS.
Idk how true it is, but according to the BG guy at work bg 44k is as strong as 5 bottles of Techron.
He did do some kind of chemical test (don't remember the name of the test) with the 44k, and it is impressively strong cleaner.
I was impressed and ran a can in each vehicle I have.
GM just partnered with BG, and they're (GM) recommending 44k every 7,500 miles, and every 15,000 miles they're recommending the BG fuel/air induction service which comes in a 3 can pack including 44k.

Idk how true it is, but according to the BG guy at work bg 44k is as strong as 5 bottles of Techron.
He did do some kind of chemical test (don't remember the name of the test) with the 44k, and it is impressively strong cleaner.
GM just partnered with BG, and they're (GM) recommending 44k every 7,500 miles, and every 15,000 miles they're recommending the BG fuel/air induction service which comes in a 3 can pack including 44k.
5 bottles of techron? Didnt someone do something similar and then ruin their motor on bitog?

According to my tests, BG really contains more PEA, but not 5x. Of course pea is not the only one cleaning component, but I don’t know other tests and indicators how to measure cleaning efficiency without motor stands

good work!
I saw BP fuel test on your u tube channgel.
Any chance of doing esso & shell 95vs99 fuel?:)

I don’t have ESSO here… may be some day in France, Luxemburg or Netherlands will buy it…

I’ve tested Shell 95 & 95 V-Power VS 100 V-power. On the channel

Ho-ho! Ordered Red Line SL-1 in.. Ukraine. Waiting for delivery and will test. Interested to compare with Techron and BG

Ho-ho! Ordered Red Line SL-1 in.. Ukraine. Waiting for delivery and will test. Interested to compare with Techron and BG
I am looking forward to this test, Redline and Techron are the two brands that I have used, I feel like the engine runs better after Techron, not so much after Redline.

Back