Amsoil oil filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've found out it's about even. Any of these filters will get the job done.
They all filter in the 10 micron range. The only thing I found is the Amsoil filters for my application have the bypass valve set at 7 to 9 psid. My engine has a bypass valve built into the block set at 18 psid. So there is no need for Amsoil to put a bypass valve in the filter let alone set it to a lower psid than the factory valve. I think this is a case of Amsoil trying to cover more applications with a single filter to reduce inventory requirements.

The one area the Amsoil excels at is in dirt capacity. Since it's designed as a long drain filter, you know it's going to be a bit better in this regard than the Mobil 1 or Ultraguard, which are probably not going to hold as much dirt. If you ask AC Delco or Mobil 1 how long to leave those filters on, they will most likely tell you 3k, since they don't have 100% confidence that they'll go longer. That's not saying they won't, just that the Amsoil is a safer bet for the long haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back