Amsoil OE 5w30 2006 Jeep GC 3.7L 4,880

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me clarify something in the post above...

The reason I said "to take a step back and consider the direction your comments might take a thread" isn't meant to sound condescending. Rather, I just noticed that you have gone back and edited every single post you have made in this thread, which goes right along with what I was saying about the possibility of you being aggressive...maybe you're saying things and then thinking later.

As I said, I have no doubts you're a good guy with great intentions, but you just might not know how to get it across so well. Please don't construe anything i've said above in this thread as any shape form or variety of personal attack.

Joe

eek.gif

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Yea, I have been put off on posting too; and I'm not one of them who PM'd you.

I have now kept my UOA opinions down to very few, short and generic on purpose, so I don't get subjected to and have to deal with water torture.

frown.gif

x2

1) I don't take these types of comments personnally
2) I don't mean for my comments to be a personal attack, either
3) I don't find any malice in your posts; I, too, thank you for being civil. We can disagree without being disagreeable.
4) I don't often edit my posts for content; rather, because I'm typically in a hurry at work, I end up going back to correct spelling/gramatical errors. Please don't read more into it than that.

Here's what you said to close your initial post with the UOA:
Originally Posted By: Joecephus
Any questions and comments would be greatly appreciated.

I apologize if I misinterpreted that statement. Perhaps I misunderstood it to mean that anyone could contribute with any statemnets and you would be in favor of the input.

As for the "stick to the UOA posted" concept, that's a bit limited, don't you think? Is that to infer we cannot compare/contrast the use of products across a broad spectrum of use? I most certainly did comment on your UOA, but I also showed how it could be viewed in respect to other situations and uses. What's wrong with that? Or, was it your intent for only people using OE in a 3.7L Jeep to glean any information from this post?

You laid out an open invitation; I responded.
I most certainly commented on your UOA by saying the OE did a nice job.
I compared/contrasted your results to others.
I challenged your "severe service" thoughts and cold start concept with facts and relevant experiences from other people.

I fully, completely and publically apologize for believing that your initial statement inviting others to participate included my own input. I should have realized that perhaps what you really meant was to only have people that agree with you join in, and that dissenting viewpoints were not welcome.

Regardless, I'll be away for several days traveling on business. I do wish you to have a great weekend. And that is something I mean with all sincerity.

Last edited:
After looking at some of your previous posts in other threads, this is not the 1st time your behavior in different threads have been brought to your attention. Also, there are forumites in this very thread who are coming out saying that they don't participate fully or comment openly in threads because of behavior such as this.
We ALL (myself included) need to be more cognizant as to how this affects everybody else on the forum.

This place needs to be an enjoyable, informative experience for each and every person that browses the forum. {although a spirited discussion every now and then is certainly cool...lol}

Safe travels on your journey and have a wonderful weekend.

with respect

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back