Amsoil OE 5w-30 - 2023 Kia Telluride

I'm not necessarily a fan but what I'm saying is that it doesn't matter which brand you're using. If we were talking Pennzoil, Valvoline, Castrol etc, I would say the same thing. It just so happens it's Amsoil OE, which it seems you've got a big problem with. I mean I don't really want to say the H word but...
You're wrong. H word? :unsure: say what?

Well... Thanks everyone for the effort y'all put into answering and commenting on this line of thinking I had developed on the Amsoil brand. I'm sorry that some of you have come to keyboard blows on this issue, but I've noticed that this topic sometimes does.

Some of you have corrected me on my thinking that Amsoil was in a class by itself in the way it formulates its' engine oil. Although it makes me feel like a dope, I also feel like I've learned something that will save me money going forward. It's nice to have the affirmation, that I haven't been using oil that is bad for my engines, but it seems that I can get similar, if not better, engine protection from some cheaper (cost) brands; namely Mobil EP or maybe Pennzoil Ultra, especially if they are on sale, which they often are at our Canadian Tire stores.

Would you guys also agree that Amsoil's Signature Series oils are bettered on a performance and cost basis by other oils on the market?

P.S. to those who've asked, the Canadian Preferred price for 5W-30 OE is $9.99/qt. Sig Series is $15.29/qt

it seems that I can get similar, if not better, engine protection from some cheaper (cost) brands; namely Mobil EP or maybe Pennzoil Ultra, especially if they are on sale, which they often are at our Canadian Tire stores.
Less expensive yes but performance wise not necessarily better. Certain engine oils will work great in one application but maybe not quite as good in another. So many variables and combinations of scenarios.

You've been around here long enough. Put your thinking cap on.
I did & stated you're wrong for spewing nonsense like "Amsoil OE, which it seems you've got a big problem with". It's no wonder I can't decipher what else your saying. I'm not a mind reader & "H" can mean many different things. Is this "H" more to try & spin your narrative of my "Problem" with Amsoil?

I did & stated you're wrong for spewing nonsense like "Amsoil OE, which it seems you've got a big problem with". It's no wonder I can't decipher what else your saying. I'm not a mind reader & "H" can mean many different things. Is this "H" more to try & spin your narrative of my "Problem" with Amsoil?
Well, many say go Amsoil Signature Series to get what put Amsoil on the top shelf … Could be some truth in that …

Well, many say go Amsoil Signature Series to get what put Amsoil on the top shelf … Could be some truth in that …
Exactly, We're on the same page. In all of my comparisons here, in this thread, it's been Amsoil OE vs Mobil 20k. Amsoil no longer exclusively offers "Botique" oils since they came out with their OE line. I don't know much about SS or anything above that but I'll assume the higher the price goes up the better base you get from Amsoil. Amsoil offers some great oil period. It's just their OE line is nothing special vs something we can easily obtain off the shelf from WM or the like that's at least comparable to OE. But my goodness you see the response I get when I say that part out loud :ROFLMAO:.

It's just their OE line is nothing special vs something we can easily obtain off the shelf from WM or the like that's at least comparable to OE. But my goodness you see the response I get when I say that part out loud :ROFLMAO:.
You can say that all day long and I will not respond.

Well OK, I find stuff on my porch the next day easier than going to our pretty nasty Walmart. My porch is better than Walmart. :D

Well... Thanks everyone for the effort y'all put into answering and commenting on this line of thinking I had developed on the Amsoil brand. I'm sorry that some of you have come to keyboard blows on this issue, but I've noticed that this topic sometimes does.

Some of you have corrected me on my thinking that Amsoil was in a class by itself in the way it formulates its' engine oil. Although it makes me feel like a dope, I also feel like I've learned something that will save me money going forward. It's nice to have the affirmation, that I haven't been using oil that is bad for my engines, but it seems that I can get similar, if not better, engine protection from some cheaper (cost) brands; namely Mobil EP or maybe Pennzoil Ultra, especially if they are on sale, which they often are at our Canadian Tire stores.

Would you guys also agree that Amsoil's Signature Series oils are bettered on a performance and cost basis by other oils on the market?

P.S. to those who've asked, the Canadian Preferred price for 5W-30 OE is $9.99/qt. Sig Series is $15.29/qt
Signature Series is their "best effort" product, so yes, I'd say it's blended "more premium" than other oils, but it's also considerably more expensive, so that's the tradeoff. I'm running HPL, which is also more expensive than the M1 EP I was running, and I'm not extending my drain intervals because the HEMI's aren't the cleanest running engines on the planet and my duty cycle really doesn't allow for it.

One can draw a line at where they feel the best balance of price/performance is, and that's probably M1 EP on sale at CT if I'm trying to be objective. But, given the cost of an oil change in the overall cost of owning a vehicle, spending a bit more doesn't seem that significant, particularly given what we are paying for gas up here, lol.

Exactly, We're on the same page. In all of my comparisons here, in this thread, it's been Amsoil OE vs Mobil 20k. Amsoil no longer exclusively offers "Botique" oils since they came out with their OE line. I don't know much about SS or anything above that but I'll assume the higher the price goes up the better base you get from Amsoil. Amsoil offers some great oil period. It's just their OE line is nothing special vs something we can easily obtain off the shelf from WM or the like that's at least comparable to OE. But my goodness you see the response I get when I say that part out loud :ROFLMAO:.
It's just you came out aggressively concerning the OE. No one is saying it's a great value comparitively speaking, but your stance seemed over the top. Guess the thinking cap didn't work for you. Oh yeah, H is for hater💡

It's just you came out aggressively concerning the OE. No one is saying it's a great value comparitively speaking, but your stance seemed over the top. Guess the thinking cap didn't work for you. Oh yeah, H is for hater💡
You're calling me a hater & I'm the aggressive one... whatever makes you feel better there bud. Besides If you're picking on me your giving someone else a break and that gives me solace.

Last edited:
You're calling me a hater & I'm the aggressive one... whatever makes you feel better there bud. Besides If you're picking on me your giving someone else a break and that gives me solice.
Just read the thread objectively if you can, you may find some solace.

Back