Amsoil MCF 10W-40, 5088 miles, Honda VTX 1300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently am running Motul 7100 In my 929 fireblade which feels great. I will change to MCF next oil change to give it a try.

I heard many good stories with this oil. Good TBN 11 and HTHS 4.5.

I just dumped some Amsoil MCF 10w-40 out of a 2002 Goldwing with 60,000 miles. Oil had almost 7,000 miles on it.

Oil had several hard (up to the rev limiter) passes through Deal's Gap on it, plus a bunch of spirited riding in Western NC, as well as two full days of very hard riding in southern Indiana on it.

I kept a nice sample from the middle of the dump. I should send it in as well.

MCF is the one oil that I keep going back to, over and over.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I just dumped some Amsoil MCF 10w-40 out of a 2002 Goldwing with 60,000 miles. Oil had almost 7,000 miles on it.

Oil had several hard (up to the rev limiter) passes through Deal's Gap on it, plus a bunch of spirited riding in Western NC, as well as two full days of very hard riding in southern Indiana on it.

I kept a nice sample from the middle of the dump. I should send it in as well.

MCF is the one oil that I keep going back to, over and over.

Please post the results if you have it tested, I'd really like to see how it performed in your setup.

I have a 1993 1500 Wing I have had MCF 10w40 in Since 2006 Fall since I only ride a 1-2K per year or less. I plan to change the oil before I put it away for the year, probably in November time frame, I plan to have it tested to see how it held up to low mileage but multi-year use even though this is not recommended by Amsoil or Honda(not changing the oil every year regardless of mileage).

Much of the iron comes from the huge ring gear and starter gear interface. High or varied iron may not be indicative of wear or wear improvement, but purely how many times you started or how long you cranked, and how the gear faces have come to like each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back