Amsoil Ea reg vs. Ea severe service

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the difference in airflow/filtering between the Ea reg service filter vs. the Ea severe service (heavy duty) filter? Any performance differences? I don't need a heavy duty, but since it's offered at the same price as the reg. should I get it?

I'm not sure I follow. There is only one variety of EaA air filter that I know of - to drop in fit cars/trucks. I mean there is the somewhat unrelated (same media) induction filters but they are not he same size, etc

For a '98 Yukon with 5.7, there are part #'s Eaa111 for normal service and Eaa112 for severe service. My question is, does the severe service have less flow but more media than the normal service?

I would settle for a regular Eaa, but a heavy duty type has my interest.
grin.gif

I though I answered this question a few hours ago, but I was having internet problems and it didn't go through.

The EaO111 is for Chevy, GMC Pickups (Standard)(96-02) and has an Outside Diameter of 6.448 inches.

The EaO112 is for Chevy, GMC Pickups (Heavy Duty)(96-02) and has an Outside Diameter of 7.240 inches.

I guess measure your current filter to figure out the proper replacement.

A little history on the GM air filters. Chevy and GMC trucks have an option (since about 1989) called, K47 High Capacity Air Cleaner. Its just a larger size filter than stock. Its come standard with the Z71 Off-Road Pkg and Z85 HD Trailering pkg. It is also included and an option on other models. I don't have the complete list of which would have it stock but if you look in the glove box at the Option code label, if K47 is there, you have it. Since the air box is exactly the same, you can use the K47 filter in any vehicle that did not come with it. For everyday around town use, the standard filter is adeguate but for towing and off-road use where the engine is likely to be in the higher rpm bands, the K47 filter provides more capacity.

As for the EAA121 vs the 123: I counted 10 more pleats in the 121 vs the 123 stanard filter even though every other dimension was exactly the same, I had 6 of these in stock at one time but are all gone. They discontinued the 121 early on. I called and asked why but all was told they are exactly the same so we discontinued the 121 because is was lower in sales and there was no appreciable difference with the nano-fiber media. If you price other brands, the K47 filter will be higher in price, somehow Amsoil has overlooked this fact.

I have a EAA121 in my 2004 GMC gasser with Z71 option and have owned 6 GM trucks with this option.
smile.gif

The very same K47 option is true for the EaA111 and EaA112, except fo the very noticable diameter difference you noted.

With the new body style trucks in 1999 they changed design from cylinder style to flat panel filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back