Amsoil By-Pass Filter Change Interval?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can any of you tell me how long you're keeping your by-pass filters on without changing? I know that Amsoil says that I have to change it every other full flow change but since I'm only doing 8k OCI's at the most, I was thinking on keeping the filter on there for about 24k or so. I've read about some members here keeping them on this long without any problems and just touching it to make sure that oil was circulating completely.

I'm doing 8K full-flow oci, 16k by-pass filter with Mobil Delvac 1 synthetic oil. I think it depends on what vehicle it's on. My engine is old and puts alot of soot into the oil so the filter will fill up quicker. Newer and more efficient engines might be able to get away with a longer change interval.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Most recommend annually ..but that's a "well it depends" thing. It depends on the service. Someone doing a decent amount of mileage annually shouldn't load it too much. The intermediate full flow change is to replenish the additives, imo. If you can tap off a quart every 6 months .."I imagine" that you can not change the full flow. Naturally UOA would be a good idea in determining if that's the way to go.

I'm going to be running dual BE-110 ..it's going to add 4+ quarts to the sump. At the cost of the filters ..and the likelihood that I'm going to saturate them in a year ..it makes a whole lot more sense to change the oil out and not the filters. Granted, this is an unconventional installation and not one that you would sensibly recommend.

I am currently running 10k OCIs on Rotella 15w40 (dino) in my 2004.5 CTD (real soot maker by design because of the injection cycles).

I am going to 20k this time, and possibly 30k on the EaBP100 I have...probably will step up to a EaBP110 next go around...

I was told by Amsoil that as long as there is flow through the filter, they are still filtering...and there is not an internal bypass valve in the EaBPs. I am returning oil through the oil fill cap, so I can also keep an eye on the return flow as well.

steved

I have a BMK-13 setup, and I've been changing both filters every 15 months. On average, I've been putting about 1,000 miles on my car a month. I've made two oil changes since I installed this setup, and I had a UOA done on the last oil change which showed my oil holding up very well and wear metals nice and low (as expected).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back