Amsoil ATF for 2007 Infiniti G35x?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhc

Hi all,
I just purchased a new-to-me 2007 Infiniti G35x, which includes an automatic transmission.

I have used Amsoil AFT in several of my past cars including a 2004 Acura TL and a 2006 Lexus IS350, both with great results. However, I have been doing some reading and among some of the Infiniti crowd, there seems to be a fear of using anything other than Nissan's J matic, especially while in warranty.

Does anyone here have any experience using Amsoil in the 5 speed from Infiniti? Or, what are your thoughts about the compatibility and going away from the Nissan fluid while in warranty?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Joe

Does amsoil say it's compatible?

If they do, i'd use it with confidence.

I'll be starting the switch to amsoil atf in my daughter's 08 Scion TC fairly soon that's currently running T-IV fluid. My amsoil rep told me it is compatible and will provide smoother shifting and longer life than T-IV. He also said i am safe to just do drain and refills with it.

Amsoil ATF works great with J-matic. Use it with confidence. Amsoil lists their ATF compatible with J-matic.

Use the Amsoil Severe Gear for the differential as well.

Yes, Amsoli's site shows it to be compatible with all three of Nissan ATFs. I really like Amsoil's products, but I also don't want to make a foolish move that could sacrifice my car.

Their ATF made a great difference in the 2004 Acura. I could feel the difference in shift quality and responsiveness.

Thanks for your reply, and good luck with the Scion.

Joe

Thanks for the reply!

I already have some of that very gear lube, so changing out the front and rear diffs is on my project list.

Originally Posted By: jhc
Yes, Amsoli's site shows it to be compatible with all three of Nissan ATFs. I really like Amsoil's products, but I also don't want to make a foolish move that could sacrifice my car.

Their ATF made a great difference in the 2004 Acura. I could feel the difference in shift quality and responsiveness.

Thanks for your reply, and good luck with the Scion.

Joe

No problem. Thanks.

Amsoil needs to update their findings on the Scion, it shows it takes WS fluid which it does not. This was my findings via owner's manual.

Good to hear about your experiences with Amsoil ATF.

As far as I know, it's the factory fill.

If I make the jump, that will also be getting the Amsoil ATF. Amsoil shows that's what to use, plus I used it in the case of a 2001 Pathfinder I had and it worked great.

OF COURSE Amsoil ATF will work in an Infititi. It's super-majic-fluid. With adaptive molecules that majically do pretty much anything you want. Kinda like "liquid ball bearings", but not so heavy.

I had the same concern about my Hyundai Transmission because the Dealers are very quick to say only their fluids meet Diamond SPIII specs and nothing else. BLAH BLAH BLAH and I found that Amsoil meets the spec, but I was very concerned because how could 1 fluid meet so many specs and be compatible with so many different types of trannies. I e-mailed AMSOIL and they e-mailed me back that they guarantee compatibility in my transmission. This was good enough for me. What a difference it made in my tranny too. So smooth and the temps have fallen off. (I can monitor that through my scan-tool).

Schaeffers 204SAT Universal fluid and the latest Mobil 1 ATF are both recommended for J-matic. Both are full synthetic and cost less than the Amsoil fluid. Just some other options to consider for synthetic ATF. Looks like Amsoil is not the only company offering a universal synthetic ATF these days, although Amsoil does recommend theirs for a wider range of specs than these others.

Licensed? What does that mean? What I can tell you is that based on all the warnings on the car and in the owners manual, Nissan firmly believes that only their fluid will work and all others will void the warranty if there is an issue.

Typical scare tactics so that they can take more of your money. Toyota states the same falsehoods about their T-IV and WS being the only fluids or else [censored]. Many of us have used synthetics in these OEM only applications with great success and many times with improvements in shifting, extended intervals, cooler temps etc.... With amsoil, if the dealer voids the warranty, they will go to bat for you if the dealer is blaming the fluid.

I personally cant stand stealerships and try to take my vehicles there as little as possible.

Originally Posted By: jhc
a 2006 Lexus IS350, both with great results.

Amsoil ATF is recommended for Toyota WS? That's news to me.

As far as using it in the G35, I have a friend who services a lot of G35s and he has used the Amsoil ATF in the 5-speed automatic without any problems. That's not to say that it is the correct fluid for the application (or is it superior), however.

With the IS350, I was in a similar situation as I am with the Infiniti; I used the ATF based on past experience and was happy with the results. As you said, Critic, I had good results although it wasn't necessarily the "correct" fluid.

Thanks much,

Joe

I do know that Infiniti specifically states that using anything other than Matic-J in the tranny will void your warranty. They do not emphasize that at all for any other fluid in the car (diffs, oil, transfer case, etc etc). While other fluids may be as good or better, I am sticking the Matic-J on my 2004 G35X strictly for warranty purposes. I don't want to deal with the headache of the "wrong" fluid if something does go wrong. Just get it flushed every 30k until your warranty is up, then go nuts with whatever you want after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back