America's New B-21 Raider Bomber

The images released by the USAF bear almost no resemblance to this “photo”. As a matter of fact, the Pentagon is bending over backward to disclose nothing about the air intakes and exhaust that are located on the top of the fuselage.

The images released by the USAF bear almost no resemblance to this “photo”. As a matter of fact, the Pentagon is bending over backward to disclose nothing about the air intakes and exhaust that are located on the top of the fuselage.
I found another video of the B-21.

There’s a lot of stock B-2 footage and ordnance loading, with computer generated narration, but no B-21 footage in that video.

Aviation Week has run several articles. It’s a flying wing. Similar in size to the B-2. More stealthy. Better performance.

I don’t recall pictures of the actual airplane.

It’s evolutionary, not revolutionary.

Aviation Week has run several articles. It’s a flying wing. Similar in size to the B-2. More stealthy. Better performance.

I don’t recall pictures of the actual airplane.

It’s evolutionary, not revolutionary.
I would seem to agree with you from only the videos I have watched.
I will check out Aviation Week and read up on it.

Here’s the latest (July 6) “Artist Rendering” of the airplane from USAF.

Doesn’t reveal much...

F4CB44AA-8FB6-41B9-8B05-9856CAB608BF.jpeg

I found another video of the B-21.

And the B-21 is assuredly not a VTOL aircraft as this implies. In any event, in a VTOL aircraft the center of thrust has to match the center of gravity, which sure ain’t the case here.

That would be quite the feat considering the bomber hasn’t even flown yet and isn’t scheduled to be fielded for five years.
I believe that construction for B-21 Raider facilities (hangars, etc.) begins in 6-9 months. Perhaps that’s what the neighbor meant. Starting to get ready. Not actually receiving the airplanes.

I believe that construction for B-21 Raider facilities (hangars, etc.) begins in 6-9 months. Perhaps that’s what the neighbor meant. Starting to get ready. Not actually receiving the airplanes.
You're probably correct, I was only going on what the poster stated.

I wonder if it will be built in large numbers. The B-2 had less than 25 made. I've seen a few in person, including one on the ground at an air show and another flyby during a parade.

Back