Amazon Prime Music?!?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Im an Amazon Prime member, have been for a couple years. I may not renew costco, but this is the one membership that Ive held for a while, as it has been really useful for getting stuff for the baby, oddball items when they're needed, etc.

Well, I never used their prime movie service, but today I got an email about prime music.

I went on... They immediately looked up all the music Ive ever bought, and added it into my albums. Then, I can take any other music that is available on prime, and add it, and listen to it free, anytime.

I was starting to get sick of Pandora, primarily because they started playing ads in Spanish, which I find unacceptable. I think this prime music, and the app, is pretty awesome. Don't think Ill be using Pandora anymore.

Anyone else start using this?

Received my notice today and started using it--nice perk and makes Prime even more worth it.

I have Pandora One, really because I hated the ads, but also there is music there I cannot find anywhere else--such as Dixieland Jazz, Big Band, etc.

They announced it a couple days ago, then put out apps for Android and iOS later that day. I installed it that night and started using it to listen to all the old bands I hadn't listened to in years. Good stuff.

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
Can you download it to iTunes? Or an iPod?

Not sure about iTunes, but there is an option to download songs to your phone for off-line listening.

Originally Posted By: sicko
They announced it a couple days ago, then put out apps for Android and iOS later that day. I installed it that night and started using it to listen to all the old bands I hadn't listened to in years. Good stuff.

This is exactly what I did - for peoplw who don't listen ONLY to new(er) music, It's pretty good, I think...
I also DL'd a bunch of 80's music that I like.
However, i did find some newer music like Cage the Elephant's album "Melophobia" which surprised me.

It hasn't replaced Pandora for me, but it's okay. As Pablo said, I'm already a member of Prime, so it's a nice side bennie. I'd like to see them offer stations like Pandora does and like iTunes Radio does. I'm sure that they'll get there over time. Rome wasn't built in a day.

JHZR2- I have also been a member for a few years. Not only do I enjoy the new music downloads I also enjoy streaming movies. I make up way more than my membership fee with the 2-day free shipping on all of my Amazon orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back