Alegedly Charles Manson lived near my house.

I have heard from a couple of good sources that he lived about 2 miles from my house. It was early to mid 60's I assume. Before the murders and what not.

This is the cabin he would have been living in according to the people in the know. It does give off an erie feeling but that may just be in my head. I wish I could learn more and know for sure if he stayed here or not

IMG_20240114_160551568_HDR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good place to type up his best work:

All work and no play makes Charlie a dull boy.

I have heard from a couple of good sources that he lived about 2 miles from my house. It was early to mid 60's I assume. Before the murders and what not.

This is the cabin he would have been living in according to the people in the know. It does give off an erie feeling but that may just be in my head. I wish I could learn more and know for sure if he stayed here or not
looks like a good place to metal detect.

Say he did. Claim its Haunted. Sell tours.

Works here in Charleston 🤷‍♂️

In all seriousness, I would have to guess his life is pretty well documented by now. Have you tried researching it or finding a gap in his story where it fits.

In all seriousness, I would have to guess his life is pretty well documented by now. Have you tried researching it or finding a gap in his story where it fits.
I have done some searching with no results. Only hearsay from a couple of older gentleman that claim to have known his whereabouts around here. One guy worked at a gas station in town where Manson got gas often .

I have done some searching with no results. Only hearsay from a couple of older gentleman that claim to have known his whereabouts around here. One guy worked at a gas station in town where Manson got gas often .

Local stories like that don't tend to come from nowhere Chris. Regardless, It'll make a great local legend.

I like @spasm3 idea and get out there with a detector. Might find something very interesting... 😀

Last edited:
They say that places where evil people have spent time become tainted by some residual evil. Sort of like a stain in clothes or like a faint echo that can be heard or a foul lingering smell that you can sense when you least expect it. They even say this kind of evil can manifest in objects or that an unsuspecting person may become possessed. Who knows what evil lingers out in the desert, under your bed, in your cat, or even inside your darling wife? Muahaha MUAHAHA!

Last edited:
We have one of Al Capones hideaway brothel for a house in the neighborhood. Had a big marble entrance and ball room with the second story all a bunch of small rooms opening to the ball room from a balcony that went all around. Sat on the river, had a river boat garage. The road off the highway has two identical brick houses 'guarding' it. Suppose to have been his dentist.

A couple bought it about 20 years ago and fixed it all up.

Wasn't there a post regarding potential capitalization on the C.M. mystique?

Within the last 18 months, during the contestant introductions on Jeopardy, a female was asked about her C.M. sighting.
She related being at a horse ranch and the employees pointed out that C.M. was in the party ahead of them. She added that she saw him along the trail and that it was eerie or strange. That contestant intro seemed brief and forced.
It was a weak description lacking any detail.

A TV documentary mentioned C.M. tried his hand at playing guitar in bars. Any bars by you Chris?
Her recollection of the sighting being strange or eerie was either tainted by later impressions or the entire brief dialogue was staged.

I wouldn't put it past any production entity to put out a feeler for future TV shows. Perhaps others are seeking to make some moneyola on that evil dude.
Perhaps C.M. was mentioned to simply tantalize and engage a sliver of the audience.

People do drive past notorious sites like that max prison in Colorado. I went to Alcatraz.
Time to open a roadside attraction?

My father in law - long since passed away - was a amateur historian. He was good at it, and would search around and talk to people to document events that happened in the local area. Of course none were all that exciting IMHO but was interesting to hear about them because he was a very good story teller. So if your really interested, you could likely find more, but it would be a lot of work and research - document the local stories as best you can with dates, etc - see if you can fit it into CM's documented timeline, then maybe reach out to some of the people that wrote about him in the past, etc. and see if they will add anything.

Back