After Auto-RX treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently running an Auto-RX treatment on a 60,000 mile car and plan on switching to synthetic after the treatment.

I have seen some comments here about running dino oil immediately after the treatment for awhile prior to switching to synthetic. Is this necessary or even beneficial?

quote:

Originally posted by dwmcqueen:
I am currently running an Auto-RX treatment on a 60,000 mile car and plan on switching to synthetic after the treatment.

I have seen some comments here about running dino oil immediately after the treatment for awhile prior to switching to synthetic. Is this necessary or even beneficial?

If you're doing two treatments, the auto-rx website says that you should drive 750 miles with just a new oil and filter. After 750 miles put in a second treatment of auto-rx and then drive for another 750 miles after which you should change both oil and filter and you're done. Otherwise if you're only doing one treatment then you're done. No need to run dino oil after the treatment. You can switch to synthetic. Don't forget the 3 oz. maintenance dose.
smile.gif

[ July 14, 2003, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: kiko ]

Good.

Though I have been thinking of a way to use up some Walmart SuperTech blend (10w-30)...

I also emailed Frank with this question - he responded almost immediately. The man knows customer service and has been a pleasure to work with!

My understanding is that if you're hoping that Auto-Rx will recondition seals to slow leaks, yes, do run an oil change with conventional oil. I don't know of a recommendation of oil type after Auto-Rx when there's no leak beforehand.

Ken

Frank has said that when treatment is done, switching to any (good) oil of your choice is fine.

He does recommend the maintenance dose and retreating at 25K intervals.

Hi

Regarding seals and leaks..this is what Frank told me in a thread some time back...

quote:

After you add first bottle of Auto-Rx to your existing oil, (should be dino oil to work on rear main seal leak and if not "Dino" oil, you will have to change out synthetic to "Dino") for the sake of clarity we will say your running dino, drive 750 miles and change oil and filter. Now drive 1500 miles with just new oil and filter (no Auto-Rx). At 1500 mile mark add second bottle of Auto-Rx and drive 750 miles. Change oil and filter - Auto-Rx application is done. Your engine and seals have been cleaned. Auto-Rx does not swell seals we restore seal integrity by using petrol chemistry of "Dino" oil. It will make seal mate with firmness against metal. It can take, at this point, up to 3000 miles of driving to stop leak completely (nothing but "Dino" oil during this time). When leak stops use whatever oil you wish. Why won't it work with "Synthetic" oil? Because complex additive package does not work well with restoring seal pliabilty. The simple additive package found in "Dino" oil is fine and helps seals to adhere firmly to metal.

My "second" dino oil change is tomorrow...then after just 1500 miles on that and the fresh filter...the second bottle will be added.

[ July 14, 2003, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: lght1 ]

I just ordered some for my mother's POS saturn. Is pennzoil dino ok to use with the rx? Or do I need to use an oil with fewer additives (moly,etc)?

[ July 17, 2003, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: sbc350gearhead ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back