Affluenza Teen and Mom: Fugitives

Status
Not open for further replies.
His mother has managed to get him upgraded from about 2 years in a juvenile facility to 10 years in a Texas adult prison where he will be somebody's girlfriend.

This rich white boy and his family made the DA the laughing stock of the country. The judge didn't help - I suspect he or she managed to get a pretty big campaign contribution out of it. Now, the 18 year old is going to have his probation revoked, and will spend his 10 year sentence (which, in a juvenile facility would have run out when he reached 19 regardless of the length of said sentence) in real prison.

just saw his mugshot, he dyed his hair black. at least he gave it a good college attempt.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
He is a juvenile. With a great lawyer(has lots of money) he'll get some jail time but not what you think for this.

He's 18 now....

Originally Posted By: ArrestMeRedZ
His mother has managed to get him upgraded from about 2 years in a juvenile facility to 10 years in a Texas adult prison where he will be somebody's girlfriend.

He's an ugly little punk. Maybe that will help..

Originally Posted By: mk378
Originally Posted By: IndyIan
The funny thing is, the video doesn't show him doing anything actually violating his parole... So he could've just met with his officer and continued on.

The video shows him present at a party where some clearly underage people are drinking. That would likely get his parole revoked.

True, but it would have been treated as a fairly minor violation. Maybe a couple of months in jail. Fleeing the country makes it ten times as bad.

As to mom, she is the instigator. I expect that they unload on her.

There is no need for a "beyond reasonable doubt" verdict of whether he was doing anything wrong in the video because that is not how parole works. He's already been convicted of drunk driving and is out on the street strictly because of the court's good graces. All it takes is for a judge to think that the world would be a better place with him in jail and there is where he goes.

Ethan Couch, who reportedly is fighting extradition from Mexico to the U.S. along with his mom, wins a temporary stay against deportation, a Mexico official tells AP.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/30/piz...een-mother.html

Not surprising he'd fight extradition. Wish he'd get some time in a Mexican jail; they'd bleed his cash surplus a lot faster than our system.

This rich white boy and his family made the DA the laughing stock of the country. The judge didn't help - I suspect he or she managed to get a pretty big campaign contribution out of it. Now, the 18 year old is going to have his probation revoked, and will spend his 10 year sentence (which, in a juvenile facility would have run out when he reached 19 regardless of the length of said sentence) in real prison.
I haven't heard that. I heard the max he can get is 180 days. Now mom is facing ten years but since the courts have already been paid for I'd look for community service.

Edit: The Fox article said 120 days. Of course Mexico might set him up nice for a pretty low payoff. He's not smart enough to not come back to the US however.

Last edited:
I cannot believe how stupid they were to use one of their phones to order Domino's pizza tipping off US authorities of location in Mexico and notifying local cops.

A burner phone is so cheap especially Mexico. Some folks are not cut for a life of crime.....

Originally Posted By: madRiver
I cannot believe how stupid they were to use one of their phones to order Domino's pizza tipping off US authorities of location in Mexico and notifying local cops.

A burner phone is so cheap especially Mexico. Some folks are not cut for a life of crime.....

Yeah those two sure aren't too bright.

...Couch’s parents are also no strangers to the law. Tonya and Fred Couch have more than 20 criminal and traffic offenses on their records, according to the Daily Mail, and Fred Couch is awaiting trial on charges of false identification after allegedly posing as a police officer, and even flashing a phony badge.

Originally Posted By: hatt

I haven't heard that. I heard the max he can get is 180 days. Now mom is facing ten years but since the courts have already been paid for I'd look for community service.

Edit: The Fox article said 120 days. Of course Mexico might set him up nice for a pretty low payoff. He's not smart enough to not come back to the US however.

Yeah, I had bad information. I believe you are correct on the 120 days. Maybe Mexico can keep him until mommy is broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back