Actually safe and effective mosquito KILLER

...not a killer but...

Take a smallish spray bottle, the type that sprays mist, add distilled water(or any water really) and add 50 to 100 drops of peppermint oil or eucalyptus oil or both. ...Spray on back and front of arms, legs, neck, head, etc., anywhere a mosquito might bite you. Great for kids in the yard or anyone.

As a side benefit, you'll smell minty fresh, lol. It may loose some effectiveness after about 30 to 40 minutes, then you apply again, but it's natural and not toxic.

I used it on a beach once that was massively loaded with mosquitoes, i'm talking swarms here, and it really works, not one bite, me or the family.......but you can't give them an inch(on your body).

Permethrin. It’s safe enough for humans that there are insect-repellent treatments with it in clothing. I remember years ago just about ready to get off a plane when the flight attendants went down the aisles spraying some bug killer to reduce the chances of some hitchhiking bug from getting off the plane. The announcement before doing so claimed that it was “approved for this use by the World Health Organization”.

I can think only of unsafe options. Even with those, the mosquitos will simply make up their losses by sending countless reinforcements. I suggest you resort to avoidance, deterrence, and personal protection. If all else fails temporary relocation (yours not the bloodsuckers') is a last resort.

I can think only of unsafe options. Even with those, the mosquitos will simply make up their losses by sending countless reinforcements. I suggest you resort to avoidance, deterrence, and personal protection. If all else fails temporary relocation (yours not the bloodsuckers') is a last resort.
Nuclear is out?

Nuclear is out?
Yes, Pablo, nuclear is out along with all types of rayguns. Your neighbors might get upset and we don't want mutant skeeters. Maybe you can get away with an occasional burst from a flamethrower if you fire it in a stealthy manner.

Last edited:
IMG_6740.jpeg
IMG_6739.jpeg
Smash and grab

Some 100% deet spray. Coat everything in it. I don't care if it kills me, as long as the mosquitoes leave me alone

Birds do a good job. Hornets sleeping in winter.
The mosquitos use to be terrible around here. But as the trees grew up and the birds increased they haven't been a problem except for a couple of weeks a year. They use to spray my area as it's somewhat of a river community. But when they sprayed then all the birds left.

Hornets are dead in winter except for her majesty the queen and maybe a suitor or two. :)

I have mostly motion detected lights …
Yes. I talked the wife into them FINALLY. Great idea!

She doesn't much like them, to the point of hate. (Old country superstitious, aesthetics, mechanics, physics, reliability, sun god angering, etc) But it usually has come down to me aiming the sensors properly.

Reactions: 4WD
Back