AC PF454 and other equivalent filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed that when I've tried to take advantage of various oil change specials that the filter they try to give me for my small block chevy is the "shorty" version like the AC pf454.

I prefer to run the Wix 51069 or 51061,or the AC PF25 or 35 instead of the little PF454 or equivalent. I took advantage of a great deal on Castrol Edge a while back,but they gave me a Bosch 3322. I set the Bosch on the shelf and used a spare Wix 51069 I happened to have. I was going to do the Castrol/Purolator special at Wal-Mart a week or two ago,but it was the same story.

Do you think it's ok to run this filter? Does it reduce the engine's oil capacity?

OK to run.....will reduce oil capacity slightly....but nothing to be concerned about IMO.

Also...IMO...the Bosch filter is superior to the AC...and about equal to the WIX.

I bought a PF454 few years ago and it's still sitting on the shelf. I not installing it because it's an E-Core design and I didn't know this at the time of purchase (mail order). Just my personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back