AC Delco 5-30 Synthetic Blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have good luck and results with AC Delco 5-30 Synthetic Blend? I never really run over 5,000 miles so I was wondering if it was a good option? Thanks for your input.

It's a good blend. But depending on what the cost is, you are likely to get a better oil for less.
You can make your own blend as far as that goes.

My 2¢

It's an XOM syn blend, nothing wrong with it, but there are better oils for less money, like Napa Synthetic which is on sale for $2.99

I get it for less than $4 a quart from my buddy who works at the dealer. It is the factory fil for my GM truck so I continue to use it. I have also had outstanding results using it in my old LS1 engine, which has 80,000 miles. Prior to this oil the car ran on conventional since the day it was built. Like many LS1' the car had occasional cold start piston slap. Since switching over to ac delco syn blend that has been eliminated. I'm pretty old school so I do not do extended oil change intervals, so I can't speak to its durability beyond 3000 miles. Overall I'm a big fan of it and General Motors must be as well as they feel the new Camaros and Corvettes with it. If you read the back of the container it supersedes and replaced the old synthetic oil specs for a GM

Originally Posted By: Doublehaul
Looks good to me...wife's Malibu runs it

+1 Our terrain seems to enjoy it too. Fine oil. Yes, there are better options but it's still perfectly fine for whatever you need it for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back