96' Accord random stall fixed with two side effects

My moms Accord was randomly quitting and I have seen this is pretty common on the older models , and this vehicle also had a cooling fan that quit which I was planning on getting done before it gets hot.

My mechanic diagnosed the stalling due to a bad distributor so I had them change that out and all is good, however the cooling fan is all of a sudden engaging no problem which is good but the other thing that happened is the a/c is not getting cold where as there was no problem before the distributor change and it had freon within last two years.

Anybody had similar side effects of a distributor change??

The fan could be just a coincidence, or something was loose. I'm not sure what the year of the car is. Winter is not the time of the year to be checking AC, wait until the warmer weather to determine if the AC is working properly or not.

There's no direct connection between a failed distributor and the A/C unless something was disconnected (such as the A/C clutch wire) during the repair.

The fan I checked multiple times right before taking it in for the distributor change , and I had been checking it for the last few months as well , so it was not working right before the dist change but engaged perfectly the day of distributor change out and has not quit since.

The fuel pump relay solder can crack.
1708028582022.jpg

Back