95 mustang gt 5.0 oil question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought this as a toy, firt will doing maintaince to it, I dont have owner manual, Just wonder any one know what oil weight that factory recomment on these 5.0L mustang, car does have little leak, not dripping on floor, but it does have little leak, no smoke. Oil is dark and I think the owner over due on oil change, he sold the mustang cause he need moneys fast for bill. What do you guy think ?

Original spec was 5w30 but I believe it was back-spec'd to 5w20. I'd stick with whatever conventional 5w30 is on sale at the time.

thanks, imma just run mobil clean 5000 for now
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: dparm
Original spec was 5w30 but I believe it was back-spec'd to 5w20. I'd stick with whatever conventional 5w30 is on sale at the time.

Off topic but how do you tell if an older car has been back specced?

Originally Posted By: Dakir
Originally Posted By: dparm

Off topic but how do you tell if an older car has been back specced?

Usually some where on the manufactures web site you can find this info. It may take some detective work but it's usually there.

Whimsey

I have a 94 GT 5.0 owned since new. Manual specs 10W-30 unless it is really cold, then 5W-30. So, go with 10-30, I usually run a synthetic of any good brand. Amsoil usually but recently switched to Pennzoil Platinum.

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
thanks, imma just run mobil clean 5000 for now
smile.gif

Not sure why people keep replying,he's already decided.
21.gif

went to walmart today, saw this new bottle of defy quaker state, grap a 10w30. stang have full header and straight pipe with flow master, no cat, no emmission , so with defy extra zddp i dont have worried about killing the cat.

You have a roller cam so no need to worry about extra zddp.

went to walmart today, saw this new bottle of defy quaker state, grap a 10w30. stang have full header and straight pipe with flow master, no cat, no emmission , so with defy extra zddp i dont have worried about killing the cat.

Originally Posted By: JasonC
You have a roller cam so no need to worry about extra zddp.

imma just use same oil quaker state defy on jeep and stang and using same oil filter too FL1A, mabe camaro, but the camaro love 5w30 more then 10w30.

Originally Posted By: JR
I have a 93 5.0 h.o w/150k. your motor and mine are both back spec for 5w-20. I am waiting for oci to dump in mc 5w-20 5qt jug (60%syn oil), will run 7.5+k oci mine has 6.5+qt with filter.

I did a search on couple mustang forum , and 9 out of 10 peoples recomment 10w30, and most say make sure its 10w30. btw does yout 5.0 have 2 drain plug ? I take out 1 and dint take out the other
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back