7.62 NATO thru wall at 250 yds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Google box of truth, its very interesting reading.

Thanks.. never heard of it before. I guess walls, metal doors, wood, etc, aren't good options. For some reason I really liked the shotgun shell full of dimes. Looks like fun.

Originally Posted By: bigmike
Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Google box of truth, its very interesting reading.

Thanks.. never heard of it before. I guess walls, metal doors, wood, etc, aren't good options. For some reason I really liked the shotgun shell full of dimes. Looks like fun.

Yeah, Box O' Truth is great. Lots of good information there.

I think they've covered the shotgun shell filled with dimes trick. If not I know Mythbusters did. It doesn't work well, dimes have a terrible ballistic number and they loose energy rapidly after exiting the muzzle. If you want a good self defense round either #1 or single aught is a good choice. Personally for a self defense shotgun I like a pump. I've got an old Stevens in 12ga for just such a purpose. Nothing will pucker up a burglar rummaging through your darken house like the sound of a 12ga pump racking. In fact, there's a good chance he'll head for the door at the sound, and he may be changing his underwear a little later on.

Originally Posted By: Bryanccfshr
Sectional density combined with energy is what provides good penetration of cover.

And bullet construction....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back