540 big block chevy oil filter help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjt

Hello to all , I am running a 540 bb chevy in a 67 camaro . this a street and strip car currently using 15w 50 ams domointor oil for racing and yes i am using the fram hp-4 racing filter oil psi at idle are 40 and at 7200 it is close to 90 psi. Is there a better filter to use than what i am using now that can handle there higher oil psi? thank you for your time

Thanks for the reply but the wix racing filter has a 60 micron reading the fram hp-4 has a 22 micron . The wix is to large of a micron for the street and strip appt.

I see. He only races his car. What your using should work fine or maybe a Purolator. Or a Royal Purple filter. They can withstand high pressure.

Originally Posted By: mjt
thanks

I'd say try to a Royal Purple. I would not try a Purolator in that application. They have thinner cans.

Tip I picked up from a guy that wrenched on motorhomes: I have no idea of the PN, but for more filtration and capacity, hit a good part store and tell them you need an oil filter for a 1992 GMC C6500 with a 366 or 427 engine. It threads right on any BB (or SB) Chevy, and is abouit twice the size of the regular car filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back