3D Trim Shine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used it. I used it on a CRV and an old Ram and it worked great. A little goes a long way. As expected it will wear/wash off in time with rain but it lasts very long and it makes plastic trim look new. If applied too heavily it can attract dust and such. I would recommend it for sure.
I also liked their waterless wash spray (green stuff). Worked great every time.
3D is well known in the pro detail world.

Last edited:
Thanks! That's what I was looking for. I read a bit about it on autogeek.

Originally Posted By: buster
Thanks! That's what I was looking for. I read a bit about it on autogeek.

+1 Autogeek and Autopia speak highly of it (in fact Autopia has a section specific for 3D products.) It is supposed to be a good quality, cheaper alternative that you can buy in bulk. I am considering buying a few samples while I still have my Meguiars detailer stash and consider making the change. Their APCs and wash/wax are supposed to be good

are you a professional detailer? where in Boston are you located? by any chance, in Metrowest area??

Originally Posted By: Vikas
are you a professional detailer? where in Boston are you located? by any chance, in Metrowest area??

I detail part time (Finance full time) but I am in Boston. As I am mobile, I closed up shop a few weeks ago because of the weather.

Bgallagher, any expreience with Gunk Engine Brite protectant?

I'm using Motorkote now. I have a can of CD2 I'm using for the Mazda but that has been discontinued.

Stoner's Trim Shine or More Shine may be good alternatives too.

I think the Motorkote can withsand more abuse and will last longer because it's waxed based.

Originally Posted By: buster
Bgallagher, any expreience with Gunk Engine Brite protectant?

I'm using Motorkote now. I have a can of CD2 I'm using for the Mazda but that has been discontinued.

Stoner's Trim Shine or More Shine may be good alternatives too.

I think the Motorkote can withsand more abuse and will last longer because it's waxed based.

I have no experience with the Gunk product but Stoners is a good OTC alternative and Motorkote is supposed to be good as well.

When I clean engines I will soak everything in Zep Purple Degreaser, scrub everything down and rinse it (making sure to rinse the painted surfaces throughout so no degreaser gets on it.) For protectant I use Meguiars Hyper dressing. I use this on everything. I buy it by the gallon and dilute it so I have a satin/matte interior and a semigloss/gloss for everything outside. The durability is decent but Stoners is easier to get a hold off and is supposed to offer decent durability/shine in a can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back