3 pack Castrol 5w-40 good deal

(3 pack) Castrol EDGE Euro 5W-40 A3/B4 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil, 5 Quarts https://www.walmart.com/ip/5205042414
Thank you. Better deal then the aap deals posted which were the standard bearer for castrol.

This deal is 1.72/qt
aap ep is 2.6/qt
aap total is $2/qt
amazon pp euro is $2.89/qt

Besides FAR oil deals, I think the best deal the forum has had was .50/qt for the walmart pp

It let me order 4, still showed as 3-pack in the order summary. Fingers crossed, but breath not held ;)

Close.... but that's not the Edge Euro 5w40.

I got two three-packs (6) early this morning from Walmart. Then went to AAP and found two 0w20 Castrol EP Syn five quart jugs on clearance for $13.99 a-piece.

I'm going to do a blend of both...... to bring down the high CST@100 a little.
I'm thinking 3-1/2 quarts of 5w40 and 2 quarts of 0w20 EP, for both the daughter's Acadia and grandson's Colorado4x4 P/U

All of our OCIs are only 3k. So I'm not concerned about doing these blends. I've been doing blends since the early 1990s and many of our vehicles surpass 200k, before rusting out from Michigan salt.

Thank you Burmah Oil Company (BP) for these two great bargains.

Last edited:
Mine arrived already. It showed up as three jugs in the white walmart plastic packaging they use to ship from store - so I assume they just pulled 3 off a shelf somewhere.

I have never used 5w-40 before, but this looks pretty thin for a 40 weight anyway Kv@100C is 13.4. My guess is my Nissan won't notice a difference?
I just recieved mine in the exact same manner you described! The SP version (which we received) has a viscosity of 13.3 cSt @ 100C. Your Nissan will love it actually.

Ordered (with a few cans of brake cleaners which I needed) but now my walmart order says "delayed" - they were going to pick and ship / deliver from our local store but not sure anymore...fingers crossed. As I have a few jugs / bottles of the same, I was going to give a few jugs / bottle to another buddy who helps me all the time.

What is best in life, coming home to cat food, poo, and 5 dubya 40.

1701818830870.png

Close.... but that's not the Edge Euro 5w40.

I got two three-packs (6) early this morning from Walmart. Then went to AAP and found two 0w20 Castrol EP Syn five quart jugs on clearance for $13.99 a-piece.

I'm going to do a blend of both...... to bring down the high CST@100 a little.
I'm thinking 3-1/2 quarts of 5w40 and 2 quarts of 0w20 EP, for both the daughter's Acadia and grandson's Colorado4x4 P/U
Is that considered the mystic 2.5w30 ? 😂

I opened a new browser and pasted the link, and it let me order it, weird old Walmart.com shenanigans again

will provide an update if I receive the order, fingers crossed.

thank you for posting.

Mine was heartburn pills and oil, I don't quite love how they packaged it, I wish they'd have wrapped each jug in it's own bag instead of wrapping them each in a shopping bag and then sealing them in a big plastic mailer, the jugs are a little dented up in spots because of that.

View attachment 191728
I recently transported an engine (in my Matrix) and some oil (Total Quarts they were ~$7-9 per jug) in the back of the car, and the jugs got slightly dented from the long drive, the new jugs seem to be more resilient compared to the older ones, they don't leak like they used to, possibly companies are improving the plastic design due to more and more companies shipping oil directly to customers.

Back