2026 Chevy El Camino

True and it is not just General Motors who people are playing fantasy with. Every now and then there are very similar pictures of Dodge Ram trucks or Ford Mustangs people make up photos of and try to start a buzz pulling people's legs saying these are the latest new designs coming. LoL
And considering the OP re-posted it word-for-word from some other board reinforces that notion.

That's not from GM, that's from a company called "Trans Am Worldwide"

Yes, and they do what they do under contract with GM so they do have GM's blessings

When GM did an SS, like the 454 SS, they put some stickers on it and called it done. Could have been so much more.

Well this is why some folks need to get worrying about GM if they don't like them.

They should just let it go...

Yes, and they do what they do under contract with GM so they do have GM's blessings
Yes, I'd assume they'd have to license the name from GM. Point being, it isn't GM bringing anything "back" here, it's a third party company resurrecting the name and putting together these projects on their own dime using existing cars.

Why not just take a 2006 Pontiac GTO and slap a bed on it? The 2000s goats are cool cars and the right size and shape to be a Ute

Yep, GM outsourced the new Chevelle, Trans AM, and Firebird.
I think that's a gross mischaracterization. GM had no involvement in the development of these limited production tribute vehicles other than licensing their name and happening to be the manufacturer of chassis that underpins the tribute.

GM didn't reach out to Trans Am Worldwide, who is effectively a kit car company, and instruct them to produce these vehicles, they've done this of their own volition. Any inference that this is a sanctioned GM undertaking is based wholly on the individual's imagination. In the case of the Chevelle tribute, they appear to have not even been able to obtain the rights to use the name from GM.

Last edited:
Why not just take a 2006 Pontiac GTO and slap a bed on it? The 2000s goats are cool cars and the right size and shape to be a Ute

Man, I'd could rock one of these especially if it had a blown 6.2L engine!

Might need to add a roll cage just in case...

Pic1__JPEG.jpg

I think that's a gross mischaracterization. GM had no involvement in the development of these limited production tribute vehicles other than licensing their name and happening to be the manufacturer of chassis that underpins the tribute.

GM didn't reach out to Trans Am Worldwide, who is effectively a kit car company, and instruct them to produce these vehicles, they've done this on their own volition. Any inference that this is a sanctioned GM undertaking is based wholly on the individual's imagination. In the case of the Chevelle tribute, they appear to have not even been able to obtain the rights to use the name from GM.
I'm convinced this entire thread is based on that.

The Corvette has no match, it is the American sports car, a legend, a giant killer.

What I mean is, Ford SVT for example. When Ford did an SVT F-150, they did it up right. Supercharged, nice body kit, nice wheels, and so on.
View attachment 217080

When GM did an SS, like the 454 SS, they put some stickers on it and called it done. Could have been so much more.
View attachment 217079

With acceptation to Pontiac and the Firebird.
The first F150 Lightning that was introduced as a response to the C1500 454SS wasn't supercharged though, and it seems like the body was pretty much standard F150 except grill and bumpers were painted body color. I think the engine was a 351 with different heads, intake and exhaust. Been a few years, so I don't remember all the differences. It could have been so much more.

The first F150 Lightning that was introduced as a response to the C1500 454SS wasn't supercharged though, and it seems like the body was pretty much standard F150 except grill and bumpers were painted body color. I think the engine was a 351 with different heads, intake and exhaust. Been a few years, so I don't remember all the differences. It could have been so much more.
Right, but not a stock Ford truck. Same run of the mill, neutered engine. The SS was never nothing but a stock truck with stickers and "different" wheels. Even if the original Lightning was stock, Ford was smart enough to listen to its customers, GM, by in large has never done that. Apart from the fact that GM full size trucks has always wiped the floor with all others, they have never had an "SVT" line. Would not be fair to Ford and Dodge as they would have been put out of business.:sick:

The Lightning is an example, another would be the Dodge Power Wagon.

The C3500HD might be a near example of a special application vehicle, whereas it had a different frame and enhanced cooling systems, A stronger I beam front suspension setup, and minimum 4.56 gears. Serious work setup, some are still in heavy service today, despite being 25 years old.

Another example would be that GM never did 2 things with the 2500 Suburban, which they should have, in many other's opinions than my own:

1.) Duramax Suburban
2.) Allison option for the 8.1

Ford has the Raptor, Cobra, Turbo Thunderbird, SHO Taurus
Dodge has The Power Wagon, Demon, Hellcat, and so on.

Maybe GM did not see the need, as the ZO6 and ZR1 were killers, or perhaps the ZL1 or Z28 track pack, in limited runs of course.

I would say, that the Mustang for instance has always been much more car than the Camaro, in the defense of Ford.

Ford hyped up the 351, and it still didn't make the power of the 454. GM didn't need to do anything. I suppose using the 454 in a single cab, short bed was unique in that it was only available in the C/K 3500 trucks. The steering ratio was a bit tighter on the 454SS trucks.

When the Vortec 350 was used in 1996, it certainly felt quicker than the 454SS trucks.

GM did give us the Cyclone and Typhoon which were fairly interesting.

Right, but not a stock Ford truck. Same run of the mill, neutered engine. The SS was never nothing but a stock truck with stickers and "different" wheels. Even if the original Lightning was stock, Ford was smart enough to listen to its customers, GM, by in large has never done that. Apart from the fact that GM full size trucks has always wiped the floor with all others, they have never had an "SVT" line. Would not be fair to Ford and Dodge as they would have been put out of business.:sick:

The Lightning is an example, another would be the Dodge Power Wagon.

The C3500HD might be a near example of a special application vehicle, whereas it had a different frame and enhanced cooling systems, A stronger I beam front suspension setup, and minimum 4.56 gears. Serious work setup, some are still in heavy service today, despite being 25 years old.

Another example would be that GM never did 2 things with the 2500 Suburban, which they should have, in many other's opinions than my own:

1.) Duramax Suburban
2.) Allison option for the 8.1

Ford has the Raptor, Cobra, Turbo Thunderbird, SHO Taurus
Dodge has The Power Wagon, Demon, Hellcat, and so on.

Maybe GM did not see the need, as the ZO6 and ZR1 were killers, or perhaps the ZL1 or Z28 track pack, in limited runs of course.

I would say, that the Mustang for instance has always been much more car than the Camaro, in the defense of Ford.

Back