2021 Ford Ranger Warranty Work.. Again.

My above XLT is going back to the dealer. This time at 34,980 miles my horn gave out. It squeaks and sounds high pitched, but with a very low sound produced. I figure since it’s going in I’ll also tell them to please replace the fake leather material that surrounds my e-brake. That is shredding due to the poor quality Ford puts in their material.

Does anyone know if Ford extends (or renews) the warranty on the horn since it’s being replaced just prior to the 36,000 mile warranty? It already has gone through 1 fuel pump as well.

*Sigh…

I doubt they will do anything for you if it fails again after 36,000 miles unless you're a frequent customer and they do it out of a goodwill repair. But really, is a $20 horn the only issue when an engine or transmission could go bad?

I doubt they will do anything for you if it fails again after 36,000 miles unless you're a frequent customer and they do it out of a goodwill repair. But really, is a $20 horn the only issue when an engine or transmission could go bad?
Unfortunately it’s not just that. I can’t drop it off and they have never provided me a loaner as they don’t have but a few available “due to the vehicle shortage.” The repair for this includes approximately 3 hours of work for the horn according to them and then another hour for the fake leather. Since it’s “more than 4 hours” of work, they are keeping it 2 days. That’s 2 days of not being able to work because of Ford’s poor quality. Yet again..

It went in 3 times for the fuel pump until they fixed that and now this. For a $42,000 vehicle, this shouldn’t be acceptable! Especially with it only having been on the road since 1/2022 and 35,000 miles.

My above XLT is going back to the dealer. This time at 34,980 miles my horn gave out. It squeaks and sounds high pitched, but with a very low sound produced. I figure since it’s going in I’ll also tell them to please replace the fake leather material that surrounds my e-brake. That is shredding due to the poor quality Ford puts in their material.

Does anyone know if Ford extends (or renews) the warranty on the horn since it’s being replaced just prior to the 36,000 mile warranty? It already has gone through 1 fuel pump as well.

*Sigh…

There's a 2 yr warranty on new Ford parts.

Appears so. Why should that matter anyways?

They're not the only automaker who does this btw.
If a 3 year battery dies after 2 years, the free replacement is only warrantied to the end of the original 3 year period from what I understand. Otherwise, somebody could just sabotage a 2 year 11 month old battery and get free replacements forever.

If a 3 year battery dies after 2 years, the free replacement is only warrantied to the end of the original 3 year period from what I understand. Otherwise, somebody could just sabotage a 2 year 11 month old battery and get free replacements forever.
I'm not following how this relates to a warranty on ford parts. As you saying the warranty should be pro-rated? How would you sabotage a battery anyways?

I'm not following how this relates to a warranty on ford parts. As you saying the warranty should be pro-rated? How would you sabotage a battery anyways?
Just an example on how warranty replacement parts might be treated differently from those you actually pay for. As for sabotaging a battery, I'm sure Google would show you. I rarely buy new batteries and ever rarer that I keep them long enough to require such a thing anyway not that I even would.

Would a rental car for 2 days to get to work be less expensive than missing work? Sucks but sometimes you just make the best of it.

Hard to imagine 3 hours to replace a horn (where did they put it??) . I'd give it a hard look to replace myself and if that looks impossible maybe be glad it happened under warranty. Sorry for you problems, you buy new hoping to avoid stuff like this.

Would a rental car for 2 days to get to work be less expensive than missing work? Sucks but sometimes you just make the best of it.

Hard to imagine 3 hours to replace a horn (where did they put it??) . I'd give it a hard look to replace myself and if that looks impossible maybe be glad it happened under warranty. Sorry for you problems, you buy new hoping to avoid stuff like this.
Maybe you can bring the defective horn and they can give you the warranty replacement and you can change it yourself?

Back