2017 Pacifica / New Struts, mounts and swaybars

As the title reads...just got new struts, mounts and swaybars. Before replacement i had been hearing a popping/creaking sound when cranking the wheel far right or left. So after new parts its even worse. Not not only do i hear it when backing and turning but also in drive at low speed i can hear it if i need to turn the wheel further than usual. Any ideas what this could be? Bad mounts perhaps? Overtorqued? Or something else? Any insight to this is greatly appreciated.

You really need to have someone qualified perform a front end inspection. There's no way to determine a source of noise on a forum other than guessing.

I agree with you. And im taking it back to my mechanic. Im just curious on thoughts to possibilities it could be.

The creaking sound could be from the control arm bushings. The popping sound could be from anywhere.

Let me tell you what I do. I take my car to a shop that works on Freightliners and Peterbilts. It's a family business that been in business for several generations. They specialize in truck frames and suspension. I pay them for the diagnosis and then go home and change the parts myself.

When I drive in there with my Buick, it's like a little toy to them. 😁

What led you to fire the parts cannon? I hope the struts you installed a quality ones because the OEMs are known to last a long time.
Not sure why you would change the sway bars? They have bushing that can be changed. Maybe you meant sway bar bushings?

If I had to guess, it would be the lower control arm bushings. The ones on my Grand Caravan looked like this and were squeaking when turning. I would imagine the pacifica is not that much different.

Or something is not tight enough and makes noises. Going over the fasteners that were touched during part swap is a good idea.

IMG_2090.jpeg

Green loctite the penetrating type on the wheel hubs up front mounting surface fixed most of the noises in the front end on these. There was a TSB about it. It does work. At least your normal mechanic can have a good pay check this week

Back