2016 Corolla 1.8L CVT purchased

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Chewie

As I've read on here in the past, i too want this car to last us at least 10 years/200K miles.

Originally Posted By: TTK
Originally Posted By: 4wheeldog
Subaru backed off of the "Lifetime CVT fluid" thing pretty quickly. Initially, they had the dealers refusing to change the stuff.

Now, most are recommending 60k drain and fills. I did mine first at 60k, and now every 30k into the future.

Where did you hear that Subaru is now recommending 60K for CVT fluid change?

probably some garbage internet forum.

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/maintenance-2016.html

No such recommendation here.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
The Prius has a type of CVT, the Prius forum people have found it good to change the lifetime fluid at 30K, through testing. I did that, and it needed it. The trans has no shifting gears and no belts, it's a planetary setup, but it needed changing. I'll be doing again at 90k if I ever see it. It's fine to change it if the factory fluid is used. I wouldn't trust anything else except Toyota branded fluid with a CVT, even if they say compatible, etc etc.

Interesting that it "needs" fluid changes, as there isn't much in those "CVT's". I thought it was just a clutch and a couple of gears, and a differential. Weird.

I'll be curious how the current batch of CVT's work out in the long run. With Subaru and now Toyota rolling them out en mass, they must believe something is there. Then again, maybe once enough of them are out there, trans rebuilding will get cheap? Guess we'll find out.

Originally Posted By: Mark_Walk
Very nice car....I guess light colors are the smart way to go in South Florida.

Yeah, you said it. Getting into a darker exterior/interior vehicle during our summer months is murder.

Congrats Wemay - good looking little ride.
thumbsup2.gif

May your Corolla extend many trouble free years. Great choice! I happen to agree with you on the amenities required.

Why not another Hyundai, if I may ask?

In response to 5170.

1. Toyota gave me a 0.9% rate.
2. Surprisingly, the Corolla was much less than others.
3. I've always wanted a Toyota.

Looked at...

Corolla
Elantra
Mazda3
Civic
Dart

Originally Posted By: wemay

Yeah, you said it. Getting into a darker exterior/interior vehicle during our summer months is murder.

Same here, my car is a similar colour to yours.

I once drove a black car, without air-con, through the Oz outback in summer. I was melting into the (vinyl) seat and had to make a point of keeping my own fluids up.

Congrats on the new car !! Looks Good.

Originally Posted By: SR5

I once drove a black car, without air-con, through the Oz outback in summer. I was melting into the (vinyl) seat and had to make a point of keeping my own fluids up.

I couldn't even begin to imagine that trip!
Thanks SR5
smile.gif

The new Corolla's have a very mean looking stance. A few times I've caught myself taking a peek at one on the road. Same goes for the Camry's too. I'm glad they're stealing a little from the Lexus' and their L-Finesse grills. Good luck with it! Great looking car

LOL, same here, had a gunmetal gray LJ Torana (obviously no air con) with the black vinyl trim...drove the wheels off it no matter how hot.

I couldn't even begin to imagine that trip!
Thanks SR5
smile.gif

Just stick to the shade, and you'll be right.

gc_australia_south%20australia_oodnadatta%20track_apt_1874153m_i_lr.jpg

Originally Posted By: hpb
Nice car. Strangely, "our" Corolla looks quite different from the US version - lights, bumpers, grille, etc.

http://www3.toyota.com.au/corolla/sedan

Also, looking at the Toyota USA site, it appears you don't get the hatchback there?

Now that Scion is soon to be defunct, i believe their IM Hatchback will be renamed Corolla Hatchback.

20150412_114921-1200x675-1024x576.jpg

I love the Toyota Auris / Scion iM ... I think it will be my next car.

You can get them nicely equipped with a manual transmission and they are made in Japan too.

Lord have mercy, if I had light gray seats like that they would be a mess within a year. My 21 year old stepdaughter kept getting a stain on the leading edge of the lower cushion of the driver's seat in the Civic shse drove...turns out she put her left foot up on the seat while she was driving. Aside from tearing up the upholstery, I had to explain all the bad things that would happen in a collision...she got the point.

I like black or really dark gray cloth because it hides stains so well.

Pretty little car you have there!

Originally Posted By: hpb
Nice car. Strangely, "our" Corolla looks quite different from the US version - lights, bumpers, grille, etc.

http://www3.toyota.com.au/corolla/sedan

Also, looking at the Toyota USA site, it appears you don't get the hatchback there?

Now that Scion is soon to be defunct, i believe their IM Hatchback will be renamed Corolla Hatchback.

20150412_114921-1200x675-1024x576.jpg

Ah, yep, that's the Corolla hatch here. We've never had the Scion brand. I don't have the figures, but based on what I see driving around, I'd say hatch outsells sedan about 3 to 1. What do you think of the Oz Corolla sedan? I think yours looks better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back