2014 Honda Civic CVT?

My daughter has a 2014 Civic with the CVT transmission. Has anyone experience with this transmission?

My daughter has a 2014 Civic with the CVT transmission. Has anyone experience with this transmission?
If it's the same as the 2018 CRV CVT then just change the fluids every 25k miles and it should treat you well. I've been really surprised at how strongly people react to CVTs. I've had family members get very adamant about how terrible they are, how terrible the feeling is not feeling abrupt shifts and how they'll never own one again. I've seen similar reactions on here. Just like some people who prefer manual transmissions get very hostile when talking about how they'd never allow their car to shift for them.

Personally, I've driven manuals, automatics and CVTs and have no problem with any of them. I actually prefer our CVTs smoothness over the discrete shifts of a conventional automatic. As long as you take care of it, it should take care of you, just like any transmission.

Honda makes a good CVT. It is also very easy to change the fluid on, just drain and fill. No scan tool required like most modern CVTs do.

Hate it. Dad has it in his 2013 Accord

The 2013 Accord has an awesome CVT :D

It's seamless, smooth, and reliable. No fake shifting, either. On the sport models, fake shifting is optional, but in D it behaves like a CVT should.

I have a 2020, and I think CVT is fine for daily driving.

If you brake very heavily and try to accelerate immediately afterwards then you will get the rubber banding.

If you want to accelate as quickly as possible from standstill its not as immediate, but not bad.

On the plus side going up hills the the car doesn't lug the engine or get confused about which gear to use.

Honda makes a good CVT. It is also very easy to change the fluid on, just drain and fill. No scan tool required like most modern CVTs do.

The 2013 Accord has an awesome CVT :D

It's seamless, smooth, and reliable. No fake shifting, either. On the sport models, fake shifting is optional, but in D it behaves like a CVT should.
idk my dads is all weird and stuff. Jerky

idk my dads is all weird and stuff. Jerky
from my understanding, Honda updated software on CVTs in 2016

most likely they did it again in the latest applications; CVTs behave as close as 6speed transmissions as you can get nowadays i'd say

One of my daughters has been staunchly anti auto, and will only own a manual, but now there are 3 Honda CVT's in the family, she says her next car will be CVT. Early Hondas with the start clutch (like mine) could give problems, but later ones were sorted. Very popular in Japan, and NZ is similar terrain and speed limit wise...contrary to what I expected, they are great in twisty hilly country, always in the right gear.

Unlike a manual or auto, where the engine accelerates the car, on a CVT, the engine goes to the revs set by the throttle, and the trans accelerates the car...the so called rubber band effect.

from my understanding, Honda updated software on CVTs in 2016

most likely they did it again in the latest applications; CVTs behave as close as 6speed transmissions as you can get nowadays i'd say
The car's service history shows the CVT software was updated.

We’ve got a ‘15 CRV with the CVT. I think it was around 50,000 miles when I drained and refilled about 3.5 qts of CVT ATF, per the oem schedule. I used oem fluid. It came out looking good, and drove the same after replacing.

this has been a great vehicle, and the CVT/engine combo seems to work well. No issues. Great mpg. Wife is happy with it. My gripe is with the highway steering feel.

Back