2012 Focus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if any of the European guys on the forum are driving the current Ford Focus? It will be available here in the spring as a 2012 model. I know it will have 2.0 liter direct injection engine that may not be spec'ed in the Euro Focus but I was interested in handling, build quality etc. How does it compare to similar vehicles available in the UK or on the continent.

the 2012 focus goes on sale in Europe in spring 2011, same as North America. i'm almost positive it's built on a different platform than the current mk 2 focus that's being sold in Europe. we still have the mk 1 focus here of course lol. it's a great car but [censored] wish we could've gotten the same treatment as them these past 5 years

The line is functional, however those few cars being built are pre-production models.

The last word I got was that the Job #1 date for production models is Jan. 31, 2011. That should place the first production cars in dealers hands late March/Early April....

"Per Friday's Fleet Distribution News Bulletin (FDNB) the 2012 Focus USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) will open on 11/08/2010 with scheduling starting on 12/09/2010.

The Job #1 producton date is now listed as 01/31/2011."

Or maybe it's January 3rd...? The Freep says production begins on the 3rd...

"Full production of the gasoline-powered Focus, which is expected to get 40 m.p.g. on the highway, will start to ramp up on Jan. 3 when about 3,200 workers transfer from the nearby Wayne Assembly Plant to Michigan Assembly."

This article claims that there are already 400 pre production cars that have been built.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back