2010 Lexus GX 460, 1UR-FE, unknown oil, 2986mi OCI

cptbarkey

$50 site donor 2024
This is my first ever UOA which took 11 years of BITOG school. I purchased this vehicle in late May, drove it for almost 3k with whatever was in there and then sent the sample. It took 13 business days to receive the report. The only question I had was what kind of oil was it. Does anyone have thoughts on what brand it might be? I'm happy with what I interpret are boring results, and look forward to the next sample planned at 70k.

Here was the most recent change, will run it to 70k and resample.

1691101835191.jpg

Yep, it's a Toyota/Lexus = Minor Wear. Case closed :ROFLMAO:. J/K It's hard to guess but what I've been doing is heading over to @himemsys VOA thread HERE to have a turn at it but if I were to take a WAG it comes somewhat close to Valvoline High Mileage 150k 5w-20. I know you said 0w-20 did it have a sticker on the windshield that said what viscosity it was? Thanks for testing!

Its definitely not toyota oil. Not enough additives for that.
Also not valvoline because I use valvoline and the moly is in the 250+ range, including EP, Advanced, and HM.
Yes, yet another "boring" Toyota / Lexus V8 UOA! My guess is Toyota 0w20 or the Valvoline HM. Enjoy the vehicle!

Back