2008 Grand Prix GXP 0-60 mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice!
thumbsup2.gif

That isn't a good run. It appears to be in the high 6 second range. Cars with high mileage are usually about 3/10th's of a second slower to 60MPH in my experience however.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
That isn't a good run. It appears to be in the high 6 second range.
grin.gif
I love honesty

I love my GXP. Best car I've ever owned. I get an average 0 to 60 time of 5.8 sec on a G tech and I am at 4500 ft elevation.
Just washed and waxed last November.

That isn't a good run. It appears to be in the high 6 second range. Cars with high mileage are usually about 3/10th's of a second slower to 60MPH in my experience however.

Thanks for the honesty, did you watch both pulls? The first I got real loose, the second was better and closer to 5.8 - 6. Considering it's FWD and I can't get to the throttle till halfway through first I'm happy with it. Thanks for watching!

I love this. Always have been a GTP/GXP fan. You can keep your Honda, Toyota, Scion, or Acura.
You folks who own them...good on you I have no problem with that, but I like my speed and some weekend projects.
Beautiful car man.

Originally Posted By: panther427
GXP have the LS4 5.3L V8. 303hp.

Got any more photos of the car? Any mods done to it?

Mods:
NGK tr6ix plugs (one heat range cooler; helps with kr)
Granatelli 0hm stainless steel core wires
K&N drop-in (Oh no! She's gonna blow.)

To come: Dyno tune at zzperformance.

I always run premium top tier fuel, or ethanol free 91 if available. I will post some pics later, and I have a video review on my channel. Thanks to all for the comments and feedback. I am torn on wanting to get a 17' Holden/Chevy SS since it's the last year, but can't justify the 48 large for just a little faster and less versatility in my Michigan climate.

This is a WRX I once owned. It had a 2.5L turbo four banger and AWD.

Video or it didn't happen. :p
57.gif

Three observations...

1. Gobs of torque management nannies from 0-30
2. What is with the dwell at around 50 mph?
3. I am jealous!

Three observations..
1. Gobs of torque management nannies from 0-30
That would be my right foot, Potenza RE970AS Pole Position P255/45R18 aren't cheap
smile.gif

2. What is with the dwell at around 50 mph?
1st run I lost grip and spun
3. I am jealous!
Thanks!

I like that color. I had a choice between black and silver and chose the lighter one. Pictures are at the dealer just off the truck in April of 2005. I bought it as soon as I saw it. Made them an offer at invoice, used my GM card earnings and they had a GM rebate promotion. $33k sticker, $26k out the door including tax.

Is the GXP the 4T65-HD or the 4T80? The 4T65 isn't known for being reliable under large power like the LS4 produces.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
Is the GXP the 4T65-HD or the 4T80? The 4T65 isn't known for being reliable under large power like the LS4 produces.

4T65-HD

Bought the car in May 2014 with 136k on the clock. It needed a new rear strut or mount so I replaced both rear struts with OE Bilsteins and Moog upper mounts = $800

Lifetime wheel alignment at Firestone = $180

Replaced cruise turn switch, due to accidental high beams = $175.00

Transmission drop replace filter and refill with M1 Dextron VI = $100

Pair of Moog lifetime front hubs & labor = $350.00

Replaced all 4 rotors and pads with Raybestos Advanced Technology & labor $700.00

New plugs & wires with dealer labor = $375.00

Oil pressure sensor = $15.00

Pair of front tires = $345.00

Transimision cooler lines & dealer labor $375.00

So in just under 3 years of ownership not counting fuel and oil changes about $3,400.00 the majority being struts, brakes, performance tuneup. I could have saved myself money with cheaper parts and doing it myself. This car was used for a work sales vehicle for the first 1.25 years of ownership. In less than 3 years I have racked up over 36k miles. The car drives amazing and you would never guess it has the miles it does.

This is a do not attempt 130mph TAPShift pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back