2000 Camry V6 - Power steering fluid leak but from where?

Yeah, these pumps are very easy to rebuild.

IIRC, removing the upper intake makes replacement of that high pressure hose a lot less painful!
I hope it is easy! I successfully rebuilt the hydroboost on my 2001 Mustang GT so I’m sure it’s going to be about the same level of difficulty.

I have this same leak on a 4 cylinder. For years I thought it was an oil leak because by the time the oil drips to the concrete it looks brown like oil. I think that is because it runs down over all the dirty parts before dripping down.

Regardless, would the 4 cylinder be using a similar "o" ring on that return hose? I'll look into this further.

I'll check that area in the coming weeks and hopefully the OP will update this thread over time.

I have this same leak on a 4 cylinder. For years I thought it was an oil leak because by the time the oil drips to the concrete it looks brown like oil. I think that is because it runs down over all the dirty parts before dripping down.

Regardless, would the 4 cylinder be using a similar "o" ring on that return hose? I'll look into this further.

I'll check that area in the coming weeks and hopefully the OP will update this thread over time.
I’m currently loading my cart over at RA online with all new Sunsong hoses. I’m going to go to the junkyard and grab an OEM PS pump from a 2000 ES300 since mine is a V6 and it’s interchangeable, and order a OEM Toyota PS rebuild kit and go that route. That way my car is not torn apart and down.

Back