2 Stroke Outboard Oil Additive

I was wondering if anyone on the board uses an additive added to the oil reservoir to boost lubrication in their 2 stroke OB.

if you are using the right oil there should be no boosting needed.
if you are adding it to a 2 stroke injection system you would be diluting the 2 cycle oil so probably not good or boosting at all.

Similar to "boosting" your car engine oil with lucas oil stabilizer.
1683848651647.jpg

Thanks guys for the feedback. I have used the Cabela's semi-syn for years and it seems to work fine. However, I haven't done a compression test for a number of years so I guess I don't know for sure. It's still running...

One of the other reasons, I ask, I was reading on one of the fishing forum sites where guys were talking about an adding an additive into the injection tank which cut down on the two stroke smoke as well.

Thanks guys for the feedback. I have used the Cabela's semi-syn for years and it seems to work fine. However, I haven't done a compression test for a number of years so I guess I don't know for sure. It's still running...

One of the other reasons, I ask, I was reading on one of the fishing forum sites where guys were talking about an adding an additive into the injection tank which cut down on the two stroke smoke as well.

I'm guessing less smoke = less oil which = more wear 🤷‍♂️

Just my $0.02

I ran Klotz in my '96 Sea Doo for years with no issues. Nicer smell, same oil I used in 2 smoke snowmobiles. Full synth also and as far as smoke it was lessened slightly with a cleaner burning oil. Zero exhaust power valve issues also.

Back in the day one could buy premix at the pump from a marina. No need to do anything except fill the 6 gallon portable gas tanks.
I remember that. Two choices; 20:1 or 24:1.
Going back to the 1950s & 60s, one quart of SAE 30 to 5 gallons of gasoline.
My dad would mix boat gas with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth and squinting from the smoke in his eyes.

Just a quick note to this thread regarding compression, I did a check over the weekend and all 4 cylinders were at 150 #. So I guess the current oil must be doing it's job.

I figure I'll put some seafoam or Kreen in the fuel at the recommended levels in this first tank of the summer.

Thanks for all your feedback.

Back