2 different types of FIAT filters - what to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
I'm assuming the two videos posted where done after the filter was ran once so all the oil was in the system, and that they both sat the some amount of time before restarting, and the oil temp was the same in each test. If you don't have all the factors constant, then it's hard to know what the real cause is and the tests are useless.

Yes, both of the tests were after a day not starting the engine after few days drives.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Well, in this case it was to Fiat's spec because the Chinese filters were "Genuine Fiat" filters. I doubt Fiat is gonna let any place make their filters without verifying they actually meet Fiat's specs.

Genuine Fiat filters made in China ? With the reputation the Chinese have of making counterfeit products, if I saw 'China' on the filter I wouldn't buy it.

If you read this thread from the start, you will see the OP states that the Fiat oil filters made in China are the ones the dealership sells as genuine Fiat parts. So yes, Fiat is having their OEM filters made in China to Fiat's specifications.

If it's Made in Italy and a Fiat filter, then chances are that it's either Clean or UFI.

An alternative would be Purflux LS715 or LS910, which are Made in France.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back