1Blocker Premium

If I buy 1Blocker Premium, will it block the Youtube ads for me? I'm already paying for Youtube Premium at $12.99 per month, but 1Blocker Premium is only $2.99 per month, unless I'm missing something. The website for 1Blocker Premium is not exactly clear on the issue of Youtube. It says it will help me block ads on Youtube while in Safari "more effectively." Whatever that means.

1Blocker Premium

Ad blockers work until the site in question takes effective countermeasures.

I use only free ad blockers in Chrome and I get zero ads on YouTube with the PC. These three have been working for me fine.

Ghostery
uBlock Origin
Youtube Auto Ad Block & Auto Ad Skip
(violates Chrome Web Store policy but I have it on anyway)

^
You using Google Chrome as your browser?
That's what I said. If you try using an ad blocker in Opera, you will be treated with a pop-up telling you YouTube does not allow ad blockers and you can't even access YouTube until you turn off the ad blocker(s). Not sure about Firefox. Be aware that even if you successfully block ads on YouTube you may run into snags on other sites. For example, with Youtube Auto Ad Block & Auto Ad* Skip enabled, I am unable to successfully follow sponsor links on, for example, Google. For example, I google 'Meow Chow' and see a link to a product page. I click the link but I can't go to the linked site because the ad blocker is on.

*I usually keep this extension off

By the way, ad blockers will very likely soon be a thing if the past.
Yes, and call me crazy but the new Apple update contains options in Safari that I think is blocking stuff when turned on?

The question mark is because without thinking I always go into my privacy settings and after each update. I turn off pretty much everything that I can... and I am noticing less ads. WIth that said, I need to confirm but haven't yet, because it just is what it is and what I am experiencing.

AS far as You Tube, I not a big fan so can't comment. I do watch short videos on certain subjects but not content like many do. I avoid google/alphabet products as much as possible to deny them using my data to make money. I also turn off everything I can related to them.

Back