1990 Mazda 929s 3.0 V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought one of these for my wifes oldest daughter and her idiot husband as they start out there young lives. It has 201K miles on it but runs really well. There is a bit of blow by on start up. MY question in as to how much oil the pan holds? There is of course no owners manual. i'm guessing 5 quarts but it's probably 4..heh NOw I just have to through some new brake pads on it and a new PCV valve and maybe a o2 sensor. When cruiseing down the road no engine light but when you take your foot off the gass you get a light until you hit the gas again. I'm thinking it a sensor or a dead catylitic. runs great and works well otherwise.

quote:

Originally posted by Starbreaker666:
...It has 201K miles on it but runs really well. ... MY question in as to how much oil the pan holds? There is of course no owners manual.

I have no clue on the other problems, but according to the Amsoil application guide, the sump capacity is 5.3 quarts with filter. If you have sludge in there, the capacity will be less. Personally, I'd pour four quarts in, back it off the ramps, and top off after everything has settled.

A dead cat would not cause a check engine light on a 1990 model vehicle.

A bad throttle position sensor could cause the light to come on when you take your foot off the gas. I don't think that would be due to an O2 sensor since the O2 sensor readings are invalid at closed-throttle and therefore the computer ignores them.

ahh, young love, I remember when my parents said the same thing about me... then I became a nuclear engineer and they said no more =P

I assure you I do not have a dead cat stuck in the throttle...
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Thanks for the idea. I'll check it out monday. HAve a buddy who runs a small garage and I can throw it on his comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back