156mph in a Dodge Charger..

Pretty cool. So the Charger is supposed to ride up under the U2's wing and keep it from touching the tarmac?
The nose on the U-2 is so long pilots can't see the runway while landing, so other pilots drive along behind them and talk them down on the radio. If the fuel load isn't even when they land the plane will actually tip over and rest on a wing tip until crew come along and hangs on the other wing to pull it back up and they stick 'pogos' under each wing to keep it up right. The pogo's are there for take off as well and drop off when the plane leaves the ground. Pretty cool plane from a bygone era. Since the 50's they've always kept fast cars at U-2 bases for this purpose. I hear big block el camino's were popular back in the day since they had a handy bed to throw the pogo's in when the aircraft took off.

LOL, I also have an awesome, happy, peaceful, and prosperous life, so I'm not sure why you're assuming. Just because you can't recognize the erosion of your freedom for an illusion of safety, doesn't mean I'm somehow a miserable person.
No government officials at my door. No one preventing me from doing any reasonable thing I want to do. I do not think driving 155mph on public roads is reasonable. Freedom never meant being free to do whatever you want regardless of its potential/material impact on others. Someone who drives 155mph on the highway clearly doesn't care about their impact on others and so yeah, the state needs to intervene in the name of public safety. That's not tyranny - that's just maintaining public safety.

No government officials at my door. No one preventing me from doing any reasonable thing I want to do. I do not think driving 155mph on public roads is reasonable. Freedom never meant being free to do whatever you want regardless of its potential/material impact on others. Someone who drives 155mph on the highway clearly doesn't care about their impact on others and so yeah, the state needs to intervene in the name of public safety. That's not tyranny - that's just maintaining public safety.
Driving a car is a threat to public safety bro, you know how many people die in car accidents? Less people on the road = more safety. Time to restrict people's licenses... Let's not even talk about how your carbon footprint is affecting public safety. Let's ban ICE engines. Get with the program or face the consequences.
That's where your mentality leads, and don't act like that's not a thing that can happen. All we have to do is look at California for the proof it can and does.

*LOL*
Im laughing to myself reading some of these speeds for exotic cars but I know better meaning once you get above 110 and so I assume wind resistance, design, ect starts to really affect the curve of an ordinary car.
For the first time since a kid on a recent trip we took my wife's lowly but in nice shape, used only for local driving since she works from home 2012 Mazda Skyactive (it has a whole 90,000 miles on it now) I took it because once in a while I like to give it a run on the interstate to charge up the battery and get it running in general for a one hour trip non stop to our destination.

Interstates move fast here and at times if you do much under 80 MPH you will have cars passing you constantly.
Anyway, I noticed three cars coming up fast behind me, I was curious how fast they were going so I jumped in the left lane and sped up.
Then moved into the right lane doing 98 MPH to my surprise the little Mazda had more room to go as far as speed, I didnt go there though I was just curious and surprised honestly, car was planted to the pavement and secure as much as I wanted to I didnt want to get caught either. I certainly felt safe and for those around me. My wife didnt even know how fast until I told her.

Anyway the three cars passed me almost (but not quite) like I was standing still! I can only guess that they must have been doing well over 110 or more. Just effortlessly cruising along. Anyway, just a story how even a basic, inexpensive car of the right brand can comfortably go to 100 MPH and feel completely confident in the handling of the car.

Driving a car is a threat to public safety bro, you know how many people die in car accidents? Less people on the road = more safety. Time to restrict people's licenses... Let's not even talk about how your carbon footprint is affecting public safety. Let's ban ICE engines. Get with the program or face the consequences.
That's where your mentality leads, and don't act like that's not a thing that can happen. All we have to do is look at California for the proof it can and does.
Here's some not-so-subtle nuance that clearly evades you, BRO. Driving a car at 155mph is SIGNIFICANTLY MORE of a threat to public safety than driving at 65mph. That's why the fine/penalty increases the faster you go over the speed limit - it represents MORE risk. It's not all or nothing, freedom or tyranny, and the REASONABLE response is not to restrict driver licenses - simply restrict driving 155mph since that leads to MORE risk.

Here's some not-so-subtle nuance that clearly evades you, BRO. Driving a car at 155mph is SIGNIFICANTLY MORE of a threat to public safety than driving at 65mph. That's why the fine/penalty increases the faster you go over the speed limit - it represents MORE risk. It's not all or nothing, freedom or tyranny, and the REASONABLE response is not to restrict driver licenses - simply restrict driving 155mph since that leads to MORE risk.
I'm not arguing that there should be no consequences for driving over a posted speed limit, I'm arguing against your excessive punishment of prison time and a felony. Who's the one not reading the nuance here? My post was hyperbole.

Yeah, the moment I see the word "tyranny" I'm reminded how happy I am to live my really awesome, happy, peaceful, and prosperious life in MA while many of my fellow Muricans complain and blame "tyranny" for their crap lives.
Just commuted to Hanover, MA from NH and the quantity of morons on I-93S was amazing.
Combination of too fast too slow, cutting others off, driving in the middle lane at 55 looking at their phone.

My Idea is make the two left lanes exclusive HIGH SPEED THRU LANES. You need a special license, driving test with good skills and special tags. Min speed would be 85 and top speed 105. Keep the movers away from the unwashed idiots.

Now you have approx 80mph in the fast lane during commute tolerated on I-93. . But the highway is undersized due to overpopulation. They allow BREAKDOWN LANE TRAVEL during morning and afternoon commutes. Accidents reported on WBZ 1030 AM all the time at at on ramps. Every day it seems at Dascomb Rd. NO Merge lane available. i almost got creamed there commuting to Wilmington around Y2K.

2x population increase since I was born, and 50% more on average since I went into college. And city a urban areas are likely much higher overpopulated than that.

About the article. Should NOT have impounded the car, Just charge hime and toss the guy in jail until next hearing date.. In Andover that was a Driving to Endanger. Had to go to court, I was there once.
Gov 't should NOT be confiscating peoples stuff if it leagally owned. If the family can get the vehicle back with a tow and yard fee then that's O.K. I suppose.

Dumb guy gotta stop watching those "criminal" Dodge ads.

Last edited:
Far too many young & irresponsible dipsticks that are now able to afford cars that are too powerful for their abilities, or own good, thanks to Dodge's market saturation and depreciation. I can't remember the last time I watched a video of an intersection takeover where one or more Chargers were not involved. Looking forward to more of them getting seized or ending up in wrecking yards.

I'm not arguing that there should be no consequences for driving over a posted speed limit, I'm arguing against your excessive punishment of prison time and a felony. Who's the one not reading the nuance here? My post was hyperbole.
Just commuted to Hanover, MA from NH and the quantity of morons on I-93S was amazing.
Combination of too fast too slow, cutting others off, driving in the middle lane at 55 looking at their phone.

My Idea is make the two left lanes exclusive HIGH SPEED THRU LANES. You need a special license, driving test with good skills and special tags. Min speed would be 85 and top speed 105. Keep the movers away from the unwashed idiots.

Now you have approx 80mph in the fast lane during commute tolerated on I-93. . But the highway is undersized due to overpopulation. They allow BREAKDOWN LANE TRAVEL during morning and afternoon commutes. Accidents reported on WBZ 1030 AM all the time at at on ramps. Every day it seems at Dascomb Rd. NO Merge lane available. i almost got creamed there commuting to Wilmington around Y2K.

2x population increase since I was born, and 50% more on average since I went into college. And city a urban areas are likely much higher overpopulated than that.

About the article. Should NOT have impounded the car, Just toss the guy in jail. In Andover that was Driving to Endanger. Had to go to court, I was there once.
Gov 't should NOT be taking peoples stuff. If the family can get the vehicle back with a tow and yard fee then that's O.K.

Dumb guy gotta stop watching those "criminal" Dodge ads.
My brother lives in Salem, NH and I know that stretch of 93 well.

Far too many young & irresponsible dipsticks that are now able to afford cars that are too powerful for their abilities, or own good, thanks to Dodge's market saturation and depreciation. I can't remember the last time I watched a video of an intersection takeover where one or more Chargers were not involved. Looking forward to more of them getting seized or ending up in wrecking yards.
It's called a free country but like you say, the bad ones end up seized. So its all good.
If I remember correctly it would seem that the way the media treats EVs that they are far more dangerous correct? After all, many Teslas are just and more powerful than a Dodge. Right?

I bet 80% of EV reviews talk about how fast they are, no, let's make that close to 100% and when they arent fast with insane acceleration times they are trashed even in this forum. We could look at the Tesla 3 as the poor mans Dodge and your tax dollars subsidize the Tesla to make it even cheaper!
Maybe if the government was smart they would only use your tax dollars to subsidize EVs that are NOT capable of achieving grossly illegal speeds. The acceleration times of these EVs are so fast one look down at your cell phone while jumping on the interstate could mean the death or another. Right? :unsure:

Last edited:
I mean, fast cars are fun and all, but I've had the most fun driving fast in a slow car... 🤷‍♂️

I buried the speedo in my first car, a 1987 Olds Delta 88, many times. Although that speedo only went to 85... :ROFLMAO:

Had the MK7 GTI up to the factory limiter (124) a time or two, but decided that wasn't a good idea. Passing people that car got to 100 with ease. I sold that thing as I was going to lose my license.

In the end, local laws are what they are, and if it's a felony to drive greater than a certain speed over the limit and someone still chooses to drive that fast, well no one made them break the law. If they end up in jail that is ENTIRELY THEIR CHOICE and they're certainly not a victim of a tyrannical government.

Last edited:
Don't try this in VA. You would be rewarded with a class 1 misdemeanor, a permanent criminal record, and up to 162 days in jail (not to mention whatever the fine would be).

In my younger days I've approached 120 on interstate highways in a couple cars and that was plenty fast for me. Too many variables on a public highway. I couldn't imagine going 150+ unless I was on a well maintained track.
Modern cars make 150mph the new 100. I've done 110-120 in a fox-body 5.0, and I know why you feel that way, lol!

I'm sure statistics would show there are more traffic accidents caused by texting rather than high speed driving. Where I live it seems half the drivers on the road have their snouts buried in their phones.

Just two weeks ago I was on a long stretch of Hwy 101 where it is wide open highway with most people cruising at 80. I kept getting passed by a young female driving a Tesla who looked like a Cal Poly student, camped out in the left lane, her speed varying from 45 to 90. Over and over again we re-passed each other. OVER AND OVER AGAIN! EVERY SINGLE TIME her nose was buried in her phone. Throw her in jail, seriously.

Scott

In my younger days I've approached 120 on interstate highways in a couple cars and that was plenty fast for me. Too many variables on a public highway. I couldn't imagine going 150+ unless I was on a well maintained track.
what scares me is thinking back in the day driving and being in more than one car that buried the speedometer , none of us were smart enough to even think of what shape the tires were in let alone what the tire speed ratings we were bouncing and floating over the road beds on.

Back