156mph in a Dodge Charger..

Excellent. I ran my V12 E-Type Jag up to an indicated 143mph - and I did it on chrome wire wheels. There is nothing like the sound of a V12 in full song at WOT.

Scott

View attachment 142520
I used to set the cruise at 200kph in my 750i.

V12s really are the best. I don't know why I only have bad pictures of mine in winter mode.

IMG029.jpg

For being a smart guy, you sure didn’t read what I wrote.

But your response confirmed what I thought about your initial post. Have a good night 👍🏻
Did you read and understand what you wrote? "Not condoning this guy’s speeding in any way, but if he didn’t actually harm someone… give him a ticket and be on your way." That's not at all ambiguous but it is a ridiculous stupid position.

Here's my "smart guy" response - It is ridiculous to ignore the magnitude of his speed simply because he didn't actually hurt someone (this time). It's really simple, kinetic energy is what kills people and because KE = ½ mv^2 a car traveling at 155mph has 8x the kinetic energy of a car traveling 55mph in spite of the fact it's only traveling 3x faster and it has a much greater chance of killing someone than someone speeding at 10mph over the posted speed limit.

Your response confirms what I thought about your post. Have a good night.

Last edited:
In my younger days I've approached 120 on interstate highways in a couple cars and that was plenty fast for me. Too many variables on a public highway. I couldn't imagine going 150+ unless I was on a well maintained track.
210 KPH (131 MPH) in the Volvo. That was fast enough.

Never took the BMW to top speed. Might have been faster.

Many states now have a 20-30 over the limits is a felony. West Virginia treats 25 over the same as a dui or reckless driving.
A whole bunch of people in Ohio put a number on reckless operation but fact is, there is no number. It's 100% up to the officer's discretion. I see it all the time, "30 mph is reckless op", blah, blah, blah and as happens all too often, it's typical of the internet where people just repeat things until others believe it's fact.

Ok I saw this out of Lansing, Michigan.. Guy in a 2020 Dodge Charger was stopped by the MSP for doing 156mph on I-496 in Downtown Lansing! I guess the limiter was removed? Wow.. guess he was late for an appointment? :LOL:

Once you double the speed limit it becomes a 💩 🥪 without the bread 🍞. I wouldn't try even 30 over unless I ran out of beta blockers and needed them stat.

My porsche 911 was comfy around 140. I have driven 160 but it requires a lot lot more hp to get there. I love going fast, but prefer to be alone in a remote road.
In my mis spent youth I remember 2 am thru Pennsylvania on my kawasaki 1100 with cams and exhaust and domed pistons. I was sitting at 120 and went past a parked trooper. He sat a bit then turned on the lights. I went past 140 and was still on the gas, and I saw his lights drop off and he stopped. I said enough stupid and went to ten over and just kept driving. Nobody waiting for me up the road.

The area he was driving in is the loop near down town with a fair amount of traffic. He also violated driving with a restricted license, so this is not his first encounter with haphazard living.

It's a tough call about when to give someone a break. The murderer who recently did the mass shooting at Michigan State University was given a break in 2019 when he was arrested for illegal gun possession, target practiced in a residential area, and had a history of mental challenges. You can't throw every first offender in jail. I suppose perfection in prosecuting is not possible.

Many states now have a 20-30 over the limits is a felony. West Virginia treats 25 over the same as a dui or reckless driving.
Smells like tyranny.
There are so many flaws in this rationale it’s hard to know where to begin. So building a bomb and placing it in a school is ok if it doesn’t actually go off and hurt someone? Why are there speed limits at all? It’s because the faster you go the more likely you are to harm yourself or someone else. At some point, that likelihood becomes probable and if someone I love was killed by some jackbutt intentionally going 150mph on a public road I hope they rot in jail for the rest of their lives. If they're caught by police I hope it's a felony.
Yeah, what SubyRubyRoo said. No victim, no crime. You belong in MA for sure.

Smells like tyranny.

Yeah, what SubyRubyRoo said. No victim, no crime. You belong in MA for sure.
Yeah, the moment I see the word "tyranny" I'm reminded how happy I am to live my really awesome, happy, peaceful, and prosperious life in MA while many of my fellow Muricans complain and blame "tyranny" for their crap lives.

Yeah, the moment I see the word "tyranny" I'm reminded how happy I am to live my really awesome, happy, peaceful, and prosperious life in MA while many of my fellow Muricans complain and blame "tyranny" for their crap lives.
LOL, I also have an awesome, happy, peaceful, and prosperous life, so I'm not sure why you're assuming. Just because you can't recognize the erosion of your freedom for an illusion of safety, doesn't mean I'm somehow a miserable person.

Back