11-87 extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any recommendations of a magazine extension for an 11-87? Not planning to keep it installed but want it available "in case" as this is my hunting firearm but would be nice to slip on if riots/shtf/etc. CTD has some options, most seem to be ATI brand. Any other, better, brands?

First, don't purchase anything from CTD. BITOG's profanity filter would break if I typed what I really thought - let's just say they're incredibly unethical. Brownells, DSG, AIM Surplus, and MidwayUSA are much better choices for shooting supplies.

Second, look for a factory Remington piece or one from Nordic Components. The Nordic stuff isn't the cheapest, but it is extremely well made, right here in the USA.

Precise machining is paramount on a mag extension, so don't cheap out. If the extension doesn't mate properly to the factory mag tube, a ridge or dip can exist which can cause the follower or spring to bind, which can result in failures to feed. Rule of thumb for mag springs is 12" past the edge of the complete tube.

Scattergun Technologies (Wilson Combat shotgun line) sells parts in Brownell's catalog. Excellent products.

+1 on Nordic components, they make a fantastic barrel clamp as well to secure the extention. You can get up to +9 tubes! Yes they will stick out a bit but it hurts nothing. Look at what guys are running in compatition, good chance it will be nordic.

No matter what you go with, you will have to file off two little bumps inside the end of the factory tube before instilation so the shells can slide through, its easy. I would check prices at midway usa and brownells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back