02 Ford F250 sd xlt 6.8 only starts if I hold gas then dies!!

Depends how much it jumped time whether it would still run or not.
Back in the day, as a test, sometimes you could rotate the distributor to advance the timing, and sometimes she would start.

Hi my name is vert! I have a 02 ford f250 with a v10, it normally cranks with no problems and has no check engine lights on dash! I was driving up the road and it cut off as if it lost power! after trying to start it for 20 minutes it finally started only when I hold the gas to the floor but it seems as if the engine is making low power, the break is stiff, when i attempt to put it in gear it cuts off unless I give it a little gas! I replaced just about every sensor, got new alternator, new battery, new coils new fuel pump and nothing fixed the problem. can someone help me? Please
How many miles are on the motor?

Hi my name is vert! I have a 02 ford f250 with a v10, it normally cranks with no problems and has no check engine lights on dash! I was driving up the road and it cut off as if it lost power! after trying to start it for 20 minutes it finally started only when I hold the gas to the floor but it seems as if the engine is making low power, the break is stiff, when i attempt to put it in gear it cuts off unless I give it a little gas! I replaced just about every sensor, got new alternator, new battery, new coils new fuel pump and nothing fixed the problem. can someone help me? Please
Shift solenoid possibly. My neon idles rough because of it. Sounds like a cracked vacuum line as well.

Depends how much it jumped time whether it would still run or not.
Back in the day, as a test, sometimes you could rotate the distributor to advance the timing, and sometimes she would start.
So it will start if it has only one chain?

Back