02 Chrysler....Coolant Recommendations??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an 02 PT Cruiser, which I'm planning to flush and fill in the next month or so...Chrysler has their own 'pink' antifreeze, and I know some brands carry a 'ford/chrysler' coolant...

Which one would you guys recommend? Also Mopar sells their own stuff at the dealer...

Thanks.

The Zerex G-05 won't be the pretty orange color that dealer supplied Mopar long life antifreeze is. Chemically they're exactly the same, though.

Been using the Prestone All-Makes long life pre-mix for my 01 Jeep. All is good after drain and fill, with the above mentioned fluid ,done a couple of years ago.

[ May 12, 2006, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: Greaser ]

quote:

Originally posted by GT Mike:
So I'm assuming by this post that Chrysler uses a different "extended life" formulation than Dex-Cool?

That's correct. DexCool is OAT technology, while the G-05 coolant used by Chrysler and Mercedes is HOAT. It's best not to mix the two and I'd only use G-05 if my car originally came with that type coolant in it.

So I'm assuming by this post that Chrysler uses a different "extended life" formulation than Dex-Cool? With 107k on my Durango, I'm sure it's about due.

I was thinking about going with Peak Global Extended Life. I've used this in the past and it seemed to work great. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back