Napa Vehicle Specific Coolant vs OEM Brand (Reochem)

Up here in Canada for vehicle specific coolants, we have the OEM brand from Canadian Tire and also Napa has their store brand vehicle specific coolant. Both are made by Reochem and have the same color branding, but they are slightly different regarding the specs they list and also the vehicle compatibility.

For example, on a Ford (Motorcraft Gold) application, the OEM brand is as follows and will specifically reference Ford WSS-M97B51-A1:

The Napa brand appears to be an identical product but does not have the Ford spec. It also lists compatibility with Chrysler vehicles:

Just wondering your thoughts. Can these two brands be assumed as identical and it's just a matter of labelling? Is there any benefit anymore in going to the dealership and buying the factory coolant over these vehicle specific brands? Eg. I recently did a flush on a 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan and the dealership would only sell premixed Mopar coolant for $40/jug. I'm kicking myself for not just getting the store brand either in premixed or concentrate.

They probably are the same. That is a great price :D

There is no reason to spend so much more at the dealer. The Motorcraft Gold is G-05

It is possible that despite sharing manufacturers that the OEM brand and Napa coolant formulas could still differ. Kind of like how Kirkland and Amazonbasics oil have different dexos numbers despite also being made by the same company. I'd just choose whatever has the correct spec, just to be sure. Also, no, I don't see a reason to get the dealership coolant instead. I used OEM brand coolant in my Jetta when changing the radiator and it works just fine. Cheap and effective, what more could you ask for?

It is possible that despite sharing manufacturers that the OEM brand and Napa coolant formulas could still differ. Kind of like how Kirkland and Amazonbasics oil have different dexos numbers despite also being made by the same company. I'd just choose whatever has the correct spec, just to be sure. Also, no, I don't see a reason to get the dealership coolant instead. I used OEM brand coolant in my Jetta when changing the radiator and it works just fine. Cheap and effective, what more could you ask for?
As an example, what confused me was for the 2015 Grand Caravan application, the Napa branded orange coolant lists it as meeting Chrysler MS-12106:

Whereas the OEM brand does not:

So that has me wondering. If they are the exact same product, why aren't the specs the same?

Back